Blockade Runners weekend of 5-22 an 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners weekend of 5-22 an 23

Well, I'm not sure what awaits me this weekend. Yesterday VJER went out and worked on the cabinets and took care of a bunch of other things. He got a sink installed in the bathroom too! TMO, Fishbobr, and a buddy also joined late in the day and blew in the long awaited closed cell foam insulation in the bedrooms. Now we can get the panelling up in the bedrooms! But I have been forewarned that the insulation is all over the place. I said I wasn't worried about the mess as I had seen the worst mess ever after Ike. They all said, it would be just about as bad.

Sooooo, while I'm throwing out an invite, I'm probably going to need a bunch of help in cleaning up the place. Looks like 2112 might be in for Saturday night. We can easily fit 3 more folks if anyone wants in. The weather looks great, but the wind does not seem like it will be below 10mph. At least that will keep us cool. With a high of 83 and a low of 75, I do not intend to fire up the A/C yet. I'll have fans for everyone though.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

We might head out to the cabin this weekend. Been tied up here at home with work and other things... been fishing Galveston bay lately. We'll stop by and drink a cold one with yall if we go.
    There's a place for ALL of GOD's creatures.... right next to tha mashed potatoes.

Comment

Man, I thought you fell off the edge of the Earth. You were supposed to come out that one night, seems like 6 months ago and I've never heard anything from you since. Take a vacation Bro!
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
        Well, I'm not sure what awaits me this weekend. Yesterday VJER went out and worked on the cabinets and took care of a bunch of other things. He got a sink installed in the bathroom too! TMO, Fishbobr, and a buddy also joined late in the day and blew in the long awaited closed cell foam insulation in the bedrooms. Now we can get the panelling up in the bedrooms! But I have been forewarned that the insulation is all over the place. I said I wasn't worried about the mess as I had seen the worst mess ever after Ike. They all said, it would be just about as bad.

Sooooo, while I'm throwing out an invite, I'm probably going to need a bunch of help in cleaning up the place. Looks like 2112 might be in for Saturday night. We can easily fit 3 more folks if anyone wants in. The weather looks great, but the wind does not seem like it will be below 10mph. At least that will keep us cool. With a high of 83 and a low of 75, I do not intend to fire up the A/C yet. I'll have fans for everyone though.
        When is all of this going to be finished? It seems like it never ends. I hope you have your place completed soon! So you can relax and enjoy it without having to work your *** off all the time! I dont know how you can put in all of your time and labor and still be sane!! I would be physically exhuasted having done all that work to the place . Let alone financially tapped out. I am pulling for the completion of your project so you can sit back and enjoy the accomplishment!!! Keep us posted with the updates!! Good Luck!!
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Man, we'd have been finished looong ago if it were not for the Ghost Camp. Once the interior is done, we'll have only to do the porch railing, the trim/caulking/painting, and the generator shed/cistern pad with water and power hookups. Of course there will always be little improvements to make. I'm hoping to be finished now by the 2 year Ike anniversary. I've put my life savings into it and then some, but I've had a lot of help from my friends.

Comment

LOL... ill be off every weekend from now til October. We will definately come see yall when we get down there... we have a little bit left to do inside the cabin. We have a work weekend planned soon so our whole crew will be down.
            There's a place for ALL of GOD's creatures.... right next to tha mashed potatoes.

Comment

I don't care if it blows 20+, hell or high water...I need some therapy!
              My garden is producing good. I can bring a variety of peppers including bells and some tomatoes along with sausage if you feel like a boil or something.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

If there's a breeze you dont need AC. Just fine a corner of the porch to sit on. The view is great from all angles.

Hmmmm, I don't know about railings. Kinda like the thought that if you stumble you go down for 10ft.....

Comment

By all means Bert, do bring the produce and snausages. There will be crabs to eat for sure, so there will be a boil goin' on. Pick up some taters and whatever else you'd like for the boil as well. I'll bring a rack of ribs for supper on Saturday. As for building materials, I'll be puttin' together a list of supplies we need for the painting and railing during this trip.

Comment

It is a bit of a mess Sandy, that crap gets everywhere when you spray it....including your hair, clothes, shoes , and eyes. Next time I do a job like that , I will have the tivek suit, goggles, and a respirator.....still have a little cough from that stuff. It should make a big difference, Vic has done a kick a** job on the cabinets, the place is going to be very nice when complete.

Comment

Sandy, you going over to Sea Isle for the tourney weigh-in on Saturday??? I may be able to get away from here by 2m so I'm thinking about driving down for the weigh-in. Hope to see you there. I'll give you a call.
                      A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

I do plan to get over there for the weigh in. I'd like to come by water, but I don't want my non-participating boat to be in the way, plus I still worry a bit about navigating my way there. It's a bit of a conundrum.

Comment

THIS is the one y'all. Post here about THIS weekend.

Comment

We're in!
                            Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

I'm fishing the tourney tomorrow, but if the winds aren't too bad I'll head down to SLP and stop by. Once I have my 21" fish that is.
                              Honk if you love Jesus.
                              Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Working...
                              X