My Girlfriend Fighting a Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Girlfriend Fighting a Fish

Just got back from Galveston, and had Amber with me. She wanted to go fishing bad, so we did. She has a thing about getting in the water, so she stayed in the yak the whole time. I got her some shrimp, and we fished until she got bored with it...about 2 hours. She caught 2 stingrays, 1 sheepshead, and 1 pompano.

I thought the pompano was a small jack when i saw it come swimming by the first time when she was fighting it. Easily the biggest pompano i've ever seen...probably about 4 pounds. She didn't want to kill the fish, so after a few quick pictures, she released it.

Anyways...here's a video of her fighting the fish.

"If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Nice Job!! She was having a blast!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

That's really cool...once you get a gal to go fishing with you DO NOT let 'em get away!
      sigpic

Comment

Very cool....Thanks for sharing!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Oh yeah, she will be addicted fo sure

Comment

Great Video!
            I would had cried to let that Pomp go. Excellent on the table!!!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
            Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Great catch! On both counts
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Looks like you got a kepper there and a fish'in gal.......like Bert said man that pompano is right up there on the fish table fare.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

sweet
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

That was a big Pompano! Congrats to Amber.
                    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Very nice catches

Comment

sweeeet !!! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you both had a great time with that fish.

Comment

Ya threw back a Florida Pompano, the bestus eating fish in the whole Gulf, maybe even a record? Whoa, but it sure looked fun catchin' him.

Comment

Very nice, great video. Thanks for sharing.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Swells View Post
                              Ya threw back a Florida Pompano, the bestus eating fish in the whole Gulf, maybe even a record? Whoa, but it sure looked fun catchin' him.
                              Haha, i ran all that by her...didn't matter.

She caught it...her call on what happens to the fish. She wanted to release it. It hurt my heart...i mean my stomach...to watch that fish swim away!
                              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
                              X