X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im about to check out the great pyramids and the sphinx

and no im not in vegas.

will post pics asap.

Kylie... I was in Cairo & Sharm El Sheik before 2001. Be safe its fun. Get a ride & picture on a camel its my favorite of me. I still laugh at some of the photos...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Cool! Take a day to explore the main museum downtown (Tut's gold etc.) and try to get some extra time at Saqqara, into the mastabas. Zosers pyramid is OK, there, but the mastabas have really nice wall decor. It's totally amazing how much junk those ancient Egyptians generated, which survived 5k-6k years to modern times.
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I guess you'll head up to Karnak and Luxor. The bus tours on the west bank generally avoid the Tombs of the Nobles (in a village near the Valley of the Kings). The best tomb in this village is Nakht's Tomb. It's well worth the side trip, the paintings in this tomb are reproduced alot.
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

sweet
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

i wish i had time to explore. i am here for less than 24 hours. getting the chance to see the pyramids was a bonus. i definitely rode a camel around the pyramids. that was awesome. im off to the ship in an hour. dont know if ill be able to post. see yall in a few months if not.

Comment

Very cool...that'd be something to see right there.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Kylie, looking foward to seeing pic's of your adventure. Post when you get a chance.
                A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Neat !! Glad that you got to see the only surviving 7 wonders of the world.
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Kylie I should have told you to put the Bedouin wrap on your head while you were on the camel lol...

When I was there we hiked Mt. Sinai and watched sunrise from the top of the mountain where the temple is (blanking on the chapel at the top of the hill)
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                    X