Google Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice!
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      I was browsing around Google Earth this morning and DAYUM - they have new imagery of the West Bay area! What is so good is that the new imagery was taken on February 16 of this year - when the water was WAY low and the water was clear. The detail of the bottom and guts is amazing - good enough to pick out shell and reef in a lot of places.

You can see the prop scars on the bottom of Green's.
      Awsome imagery, much better than in the past it seems. If this imagery is shot this year then I'm a bit perplexed by the definition of the grass squares in the gisp. Since they were built, we have lost about 4 rows of squares and this shot shows them much like they looked when they were new. Even in low and clear water I question how you could get such definition. What's up?

Comment

I can see my new boat in front of my house and my truck in front of the school! That's definition.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

it was taken before febuary because we still have our christmas stuff out in the front yard. it took the picture as my mom was backing out of our driveway haha thats crazy!!

Comment

Awe, ya'll leave your Christmas stuff out all year.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I don't know why y'all are looking at images on Google Earth for West Galveston?!

Everyone knows there aren't any fish or ducks over there...the REAL fisherman all head for CLEAR LAKE! That's where it's at!!
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Why did they name it Clear Lake? Was it clear at one time?

Comment

HAHAHAH.. look at the boats spinning around trying to get out of shallow water by Sportsman. Heres the link:

Comment

Working...
                  X