Rod's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod's

My favorite rod recently broke in the mail on way to waterloo to get a guide fixed on it but luckily it was insured for $300. So now i'm lookin for a new rod. The waterloo's are gettin to expensive. I was looking at the castaway skelton but was wondering what the weight difference in the $250 model and the $180 model is? they said the only difference were the guides. I'm also looking at marsh rat rods he built me a 7ft a while back it's a good rod and he built it for $170 with recoil eyes but just feels heavy but that maybe because it's 7ft so anybody have a 6'6 marsh rat or know how much one weighs? Any other reasonably priced (150-250) rod's yall have and like post em up please.

Give me a Woodee!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

not enough to pay the extra.I have 3 skeletons.Love'em.Landed a ray that was about 30" acrosss today with one.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
        not enough to pay the extra.I have 3 skeletons.Love'em.Landed a ray that was about 30" acrosss today with one.

yep and if some thing happens to it castaway wont give you the run around. I have two of them both with core 50mg and they are the lightest combo i have fished.

Comment

Do recoil eyes weigh less than stainless. And why are recoil eyes so expensive?

Comment

Because of what they are made out of and they are the only real game in town for that type of guide. There are some chinese ones out there, but as you can imagine they suck.
            Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

PM Charlie

Comment

im with hammer. woodee all the way!! i have 2 of them and they are the best rods ive put in my hands. really light and sinsitive too. just my opinion

Comment

I am kind of partial to Charlie's Custom Rods.

Comment

Castaway Skeleton rods all the way, there isnt really a weight difference you can feel with the different guides. Ive had mine for about a year and absolutely love it, I too have it paired with a Core 50MG7 and its the lightest rig out there. Bout to buy my second one actually!

Comment

i use my waterloos and woodee rod interchangably. i can hardly tell the difference going from one to the other. gary builds a good rod.
                      michelle

Comment

Need to take a look at the Billy Stix rods..........
                        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I would stick with Waterloo. The hp lite is not that expensive.

Comment

Working...
                          X