Paco is/was stranded...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paco is/was stranded...

My apologies to Paco and the 20 members of his family that were all piled into the 2WD Expedition that I could not pull out Sunday night around midnight. Paco and his family had been partying on the beach all day and had started to leave SLP but their adventure was about to begin. Cody & I pulled up around 11PM to witness the sea of humanity and to take a spin around the beach. We saw 5 stuck trucks and vehicles we laughed as we cruised right past most of them. We didn't have a tow rope and when someone flagged us down (Paco) I said sure I'll help. We tried getting him out several different directions. Unfortunately Paco felt that the $9.99 rope at Walmart he purchased earlier was far superior and more importantly better priced than the recovery strap that was priced at $29.99.

Well Cody & I tried for two hours & ultimately had to leave poor Paco & his family out there. I hope they got out alright We busted the $9.99 rope three times I think my dock lines on the boat are of better quality, with all hope depleted out of Paco he thanked us as we cruised on out of there. We stopped at a few places and told a few people Paco needed help but nobody wanted to help poor Paco.

There were several big trucks in the area making money pulling people out I'm sure they were able to help Paco & his family.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

At least it wasn't me stuck this time! You would think with 20 of them they could have pushed it out!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Geez, some folks are too cheap for their own good. I like seeing those yellow cheepazz nylon ski ropes used as anchor or dock lines-after a year, they are brittle and snap like 2# test. I missed the sightseeing at SLP, except when going out Sunday thru the Pass-waders were wall-to-wall neck deep at end close to channel, birds were thick and working but so were waders-must been 100s of waders and birds. Coming back in at 4, lots fewer folks wading.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I got myself stuck like chuck twice down there back in '04 when I moved down here. I had never driven on a beach in my life. Both times guys in little Jeeps came to the rescue. I offered money and they refused. One guy said, "This is what I live for Dude." The next week I bought a boat.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
          I got myself stuck like chuck twice down there back in '04 when I moved down here. I had never driven on a beach in my life. Both times guys in little Jeeps came to the rescue. I offered money and they refused. One guy said, "This is what I live for Dude." The next week I bought a boat.
          That was probably me in my Jeep Sandy or Cody!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

First Jeep was a green Sahara model with BIG tires. The second one was a much older, rusted out CJ-5. The guy kept bragging about Dana something. I don't know anything about Jeeps.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

DaNA 12 rear end ...LOL
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Mrs.Moonpie and meself went to Bryan beach on Sunday.
                It was insane.
                There must of been 50 stuck vehicles.
                One guy in a bright red Jeep was making a killing pulling them out.
                West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Working...
                X