Crabbin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabbin'

New (to me) offshore boat is still in the shop getting ready -- it was killing me looking at the lake that was the Gulf of Mexico this weekend. To cope, the kids and I ran 4 crab traps and caught around 40-50 crabs in the marsh near Sea Isle. One trap was the money maker, catching over 25. All nice size.

Best bet was keying on drains out of the marsh.

Will be eating crab for the rest of the week.

Gumbo

Did you put the traps on the bay side or the surf side?

Comment

Marsh = bayside.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

sorry

Comment

No-no prob Stacey-just I know the area. Oh no, you know Herbie and Harold if you're from Hamshire!! (Al-T's) Tell Herbie that "Neecoy" says "Hi".

Thanks!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I missed the part about the march! Sounded like a dummy for sure! Not personally, don't go to Al-T's much!

Comment

Nice haul.stuffing for the fish you will catch
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

always been curious, whats the best bait to put in a crab trap?

Comment

We use turkey necks or cut bait. Either works fine.

Comment

Anything you have in your freezer that you are fairly certain you will never eat. I had a leg of lamb from 2006 that I put in a few weeks ago. Man those crabs loved lamb! I wasn't going to eat a 4 year old leg of lamb.
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

hardheads
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Crab Bait

We used chicken necks and wings. Have used everything from cleaned fish to mullet. It all works as long as you keep have fresh bait in the trap. We topped off the bait each day when checking the trap.

Comment

Working...
                        X