Fishing Lights = Pirates Cove Drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
    haha agreed. I got fussed at for "speeding in the canal". I was going 4.2 mph. Guess my big ol 17' bluewave was throwing to much of a wake! lol.

guess those twin verado 300s on your blue wave were a bit too much alex, you need to tone it down.
    michelle

Comment

I would be out buying bigger lights about now.
      Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
      and
      Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Some big-*** underwater strobes - yeah - that's the ticket. I can play this game.
        Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
        and
        Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Some folks are habitual bitchers.they are never happy so everyone else feels their pain.fook em
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I got clotheslined by a neighbor's fishing line-they had cast from their deck across the canal and used about 1# of weights fishing on bottom-you couldn't see their line and it went right across my throat-they acted PO'd that I came down the canal from my dock. I explained that if they want to fish, they need to tend to their lines/poles, otherwise, they are gonna hurt some other folks-I did cut their GD line.

As far as lights, the folks across the canal have beotched about my 500 watt lights-screw em.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

my problem is that i somehow pizzed off the neighbor thats on the HOA. i get a letter a month from them on phantom violations...

robalo...you ought to take some round-up and go write "Eat Me" in their yard.

Comment

LOL!!! That is some funny crap! One time, I got a letter for the HOA about not edging the curb (I was out of town for two weeks), so I cut my grass that day and sent a letter back to them with some grass clippings

Originally posted by JT View Post
                my problem is that i somehow pizzed off the neighbor thats on the HOA. i get a letter a month from them on phantom violations...

robalo...you ought to take some round-up and go write "Eat Me" in their yard.
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Fertilizer works well-causes the patch of writing you make with it to grow faster and green and takes awhile to show up!!!
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

wow,some people
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

LMAO

Reminds me of the swastika trees in Germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_swastika

Nevertheless, Palm Beach (beach side) between the Pirates, has no deed restrictions. One of the main reasons I built there.

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                      Fertilizer works well-causes the patch of writing you make with it to grow faster and green and takes awhile to show up!!!
                      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

So what is the rule of thumb for putting up fishing lights? I have a neighbor that has two 1000w or 500w mercury vapors across the canal that are so bright it is hard to watch TV at night without sunglasses. Besides asking him to turn them downward more, what else can I do? Hell, I have an extra underwater green light that I would give him if he took the big lights down.

Comment

Your not going to get anyone to take down a fishing light... You may get them or force them into a deed restriction that say they have to install a "shade" on their light. If there was a company that was around here that could do it I wouldn't be opposed to installing one. We've had ours up for 8 years and this is the first time someone has complained.

The underwater lights are a PITA yeah its cool to see the fish but they spook so easily out of there its more of a neighbor pleaser. If your ready to catch fish at night fish the stadium lights.
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Compromise

Ok I will compromise, I will only turn on my 1000 watt stadium light at night. Truth is I'm very selective about when I use it, my neighbor across the canal on the other hand has "bright ' lights that are on a photocell. They are on even when no one is there, I just deal with it...but the next time I have mine on there better not be any complaints. Some things just come with the territory...

Comment

Turn em downward when they're gone. I unplug my across canal neighbor's green light-his light attracts more fish than mine-not sure why, but they are rarely down, so I just motor over and unplug their light and fish move into mine. I figure I'm saving em $$.

Comment

Working...
                              X