west bay 6/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west bay 6/3

i finally made it back to west bay after fishing lower galveston for awile. got out around 930 after the storms. we found birds working immediatelly and picked up a nice sandie and a gafftop. off we went and found some birds working near a reef. we bailed out and started wading the reef. hell on reels strung a nice 21 inch trout on a pumpkinseed paddle tail. i picked up a 19 1/2 on a plumb paddle tail. we were watching a flock of gulls work while we were wading so decided to go and see what was under them. we boxed 2 more trout, 2 more sandtrout, threw back lots more gafftop. hell on reels boated a 19 inch trout that was getting ready to bounce out of the boat so when she tried to corral it her rod and reel went over the side. we got the rod and reel back, the fish made it to safety. it was pretty funny to watch, it happened so fast. those birds broke up and we found another set and i caught about a 5 lb gafftop and we threw back more trout. we looked at a few coves for reds but didn't see anny obvious signs of bait or fish. the wind and clouds picked up around 1 so we headed in. total 4 specs and 3 sand trout. water looked good early but was getting a little sandy. we only saw 3 other boats today!! that rocked.
    michelle

Sounds fun Girls !
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a great day on the water!
      Thanks for the report and congratulations on your catches
      Joe

Comment

Nice day,congrats.If you are in the STAR a big snot shark can win you a boat
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

oops, put this post in the wrong place.
          i didn't enter the star this year for the first time. i watched a guy trying to sell the boat on 2 cool last year and it seemed like more trouble than it was worth by the times you paid taxes. he had to keep dropping the price over and over. plus, maybe it will bring a big trout my way. lol
          michelle

Comment

Thanks for the report Michelle. I hope to hit it this eve for those channel mullet (reds).
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

As usual, I'm glad my cluster f***s could contribute to another great outing.

Julie (HOR, aka CF!)

Comment

Me and Sneeky make a cluster! LOL HEHEHE
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Don't ya'll have jobs or sumptin??
                    I'm retired and ya'll still fish more than I do. LOL

I need to move closer to the coast.

Comment

Very nice Michelle, are we every going to fish together?
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Sweet!!!

Comment

Sounds good Michelle

I know that reef lol
                          Capt. Thomas Barlow
                          281-827-6815
                          www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                            Very nice Michelle, are we every going to fish together?
                            i tried today.. i went to your cove but you were not there..lol
                            michelle

Comment

Thanks for the report, sounds like yall had fun!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X