468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone sent their costas in for lens repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone sent their costas in for lens repair?

I read they wont replace just one lens, but only both of them. I called to try and get an estimate cost but all I got was a computer. Couldnt get a real person to talk to me. So my question is does anyone have an idea what it will cost to replace the lens? I'm almost thinking I might as well buy a new pair. I have the stringer with 400 green mirrors
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

I got a new pair for Donna this week and the lady at Bass Pro gave me a sheet of paper that had phone numbers, etc on how to send them in and to get estimates. If you are there, go ask them.

She also told they have a life time warranty, so I would think the cost is $ 0, but I am not for use.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I have replaced my 580 lenses twice (my own carelessness) and yes you have to replace both lenses. They told me the lenses are a matched set and will not replace just one...I believe I paid around $120 each time.

Comment

Damn, $120!! I had to send in a pair of my Maui Jims(my fault). It was $70 for new lenses on a $279 pair or glasses. That is acceptable IMO. All I hear is how Costas have so many issues. I wear Smith Action Optics to fish, and Mauis as my everyday glasses. The Smiths glass lenses are great and I have not had one issue with them in 4 years. IMO Costas are what Oakleys use to be, more about marketing than anything else.
        Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
          I read they wont replace just one lens, but only both of them. I called to try and get an estimate cost but all I got was a computer. Couldnt get a real person to talk to me. So my question is does anyone have an idea what it will cost to replace the lens? I'm almost thinking I might as well buy a new pair. I have the stringer with 400 green mirrors
          I just sent mine in to have the lenses replaced. It looks like the coating is seperating. They are supposed to have a lifetime warranty for manufacturers defects. Hopefully it won't cost me anything. We'll see.
          Why put off doing something today, when you can do it again tomorrow. LIKE FISHING!!

Comment

I've never had one issue with my costa wavekiller 580's I wear them daily
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

My older Costa's all had to have the ear pieces replaced because the rubber was falling off. They did replace all of the ear pieces but did not touch anything else, I would have paid extra if they had been cleaned or the lenses polished. Still great glasses and they did uphold their end of the deal on the warranty.

Comment

Costa del Mar replaced my lens for a $10 or so processing charge and they were 3+ years old. They were scratched on the inside of the lens where the ear piece contacts the lens when you close them. I wrote a letter stating that I thought this was a design defect and not due to my misuse. I did the same thing with my Magellan glasses from Academy and they were replaced free also.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Mine have nothing to do with a defect unfortunately. My uncle cracked one of them. I still don't know if I want to send them in or not. Its stupid you have to pay a $12 processing fee just to find out the cost of the damage. I cannot understand that.
                  XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

. I still don't know if I want to send them in or not. Its stupid you have to pay a $12 processing fee just to find out the cost of the damage. I cannot understand that.
                    It never ends, it seems that people constantly have their hands in your pockets these days(insert your perverted thoughts here). Nickle and dime you to death.
                    Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

In case anyone is interested for future reference, I did end up sending my Costas in for repair. Turned out to be $63 for the lenses which wasn't extremely unreasonable in my opinion considering these shades retail for $189.99. Plus you have to pay the BS "processing fee" and shipping back to you so it came out to 80 something total, but it still beats a new pair. Glasses look good as new
                      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

Comment

In case anyone is interested for future reference, I did end up sending my Costas in for repair. Turned out to be $63 for the lenses which wasn't extremely unreasonable in my opinion considering these shades retail for $189.99. Plus you have to pay the BS "processing fee" and shipping back to you so it came out to 80 something total, but it still beats a new pair. Glasses look good as new
                        Glad it worked out for you XA!
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I sent mine in to have the lenses replaced, due to the coating seperating.
                          They replaced the lenses and the 'C' logo on the right temple. I was only charged the "procedding fee". It took only 9 days from the time I mailed them to the time I received them back. I am very happy with the repairs. It is basically a new pair of $189 Costa's for $13.
                          Why put off doing something today, when you can do it again tomorrow. LIKE FISHING!!

Comment

I love the Costas as I have bought probably 10 or so pairs in the last 5 or 6 years. I have sent in a few pairs and they took care of them fast and cheap.... However, I'm getting tired of the lenses fading after a few months and the ear pices comming apart. For the $$$ these cost I think they should hold up better than they do. I wear mine everyday rain or shine and can't live with out my glasses. I'm gonna try a pair of fishgillz next. Buying a pair this week. If they don't work I'm gonna give Oakley a try. I use to wear Oakley all thew time in my surfing days and they held up nice. Time for something new....

AQUA PIMP
                            AQUA PIMP......
                            "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                              I love the Costas as I have bought probably 10 or so pairs in the last 5 or 6 years. I have sent in a few pairs and they took care of them fast and cheap.... However, I'm getting tired of the lenses fading after a few months and the ear pices comming apart. For the $$$ these cost I think they should hold up better than they do. I wear mine everyday rain or shine and can't live with out my glasses. I'm gonna try a pair of fishgillz next. Buying a pair this week. If they don't work I'm gonna give Oakley a try. I use to wear Oakley all thew time in my surfing days and they held up nice. Time for something new....

AQUA PIMP
                              If you don't need a Rx then any of the glasses you mentioned should work. Smith Action Optics are what I have. The same pair for the last six or seven years, and I put in a lot a days on the water.(They did replace the frames for free two years ago)
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X