13 mile island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 mile island

have any of you heard of 13 mile island i think in palacios could u se some help on how to fish it.
    Itching To Be Fishing!

No, but you might do a search on Google earth and see if it locates it for you. If so, you can check it out on the satellite image and print out some close up pictures to take with you to reference when you are there. I do that to help me find myself around new places to get to guts, outfalls, etc. Good luck !!
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I know of three mile island
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

yes, if you mean 3 mile Island, that is about 1/2 mile east down the beach after hit the beach coming from Matagorda. May not need a 4 wheel drive, but when I went there with my kayak there were places of loose sand. You can fish from the bank, or kayak through a maze of marsh to the south shoreline of East Matagorda Bay, far west side. The water through the marsh was real shallow when i went, I had to drag the yak some. I thought the marsh would be great for flounder and reds, maybe trout, be it was too shallow and I caught nothing there. I made my way to the bay and in close there were schools of reds. Caught some there on spook Jrs. The entry area where I launched, 3 mile lake, is real deep, 6 feet or more. I caught a flounder there. If you go, take a satellite map of the place as the marsh can be disorienting, or a GPS, compass.
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Shhhhhhhh!
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
          X