Don't do business with G2 Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't do business with G2 Rods

Guys, just don't want anyone to make the same mistake I made trying to do business with G2 rods. I ordered a rod in Jan and paid for it at the same time. All I've gotten from Clay Goforth is a pack of lies and excuses. I cancelled my order a few weeks ago when he wouldn't complete and deliver the rod and he still hasn't refunded my money. If any of you or your buddies are looking for a custom rod, make sure you look elsewhere.

Oh man, I sure hope they're not a sponsor!

Sorry about the bad business dealings.......hope you get your money back.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Sorry to hear about that...if looking for a custom rod you might want to talk to Chuck with Charlies Custom Rods. He's made a few for me. Obviously I think his rods are outstanding but dealing with him is simply easy as he is such a good guy. He's in the area all the time, always calls you back, etc. I know others on this forum have also bought from him...his ad is on this site if you want to check him out...
      sigpic

Comment

I own two, BTW, when you get him on the phone~~~~you can't hang up!!!!
        Not too many people that can out talk me, Chuck can

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
          lol....especially after a few beers.......You don't talk that much Neil!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Yep, talk to Chuck.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

X4 on chuck
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Give Billy @ Billy StiX a call for a custom spiral rod. I love throwing mine, 007 just picked one up and he's built 6 for us in the last 2 months. www.billystix.com

Chuck is a good builder too.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Mike, 007 brought by his new spiral BillyStix today when he stopped by the house to say hello after fishing. 6'6", light as a feather, and and seemed ML like I like!
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                    OUCH! LOL I do love to talk about fishing and building fishing rods. But that's how I determine what is the best fit.

If you are looking for a new rod feel free to give me a call anytime.

Check out Billy's rods too. They are nice stix as well.
                    Last edited by Charlie's Custom Rods; June 7, 2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

If you paid by Credit card or paypal just file a dispute.
                      Credit card law is on your side when you are billed for something you never received.
                      NoBama

Comment

I hope you get your money back and put it towards a good rod builder.
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

like i always say

like i always say it only takes a couple times to do the wrong thing to the right person and you can go close and lock the door.
                          treat people right and they will treat you right.
                          stix
                          Attached Files

Comment

That bite's not getting rod after six months....good luck on the refund.
                            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

check out USA Custom Rods... i got one. cant complain.
                              if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

Working...
                              X