Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Flooding

Visit the link for more images etc...

Wednesday morning in South Central Texas area (between Austin and San Antonio) received 12"+ inches of rain in a matter of approx 4hrs. The Guadalupe River which is known for great fun for toobing, canoeing, kayaking, and has some small lakes created by dams (great for wakeboarding). This youtube video shows about a dozen or so boats (including wakeboats) and PWC's going over the dam at Lake Dunlap on the river. The water flow had risen from a nice 535 cubic feet per second to over 55,000 cubic feet per second in approx 4hrs. However, the dramatic rise ocurred in just 1hr where the flow went from 4000cfs to 52,000cfs in less than 2hrs. This is flash flooding at it's scariest. It also ocurred between 7am-10am which is when most of these boat owners would be at work and/or did not have the time to get their boats off their lifts/docks or even away from their houses which many were flooded. All these boats met their doom by going over the dam.

Guadalupe River @ Lake Dunlap Dam, June 2010 Flood.Boats, camping trailers & wave runners, all going over the dam.Video from Mikee's deck. Watch as two boats...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

That sucks... When the boat turns 180 deg and goes over the dam that makes your heart drop... Bad arse video though...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Some of you may know RonnieC from other boards. He lost everything in has new 40' 5th wheel at Second Crossing when the corp of engineers opened the gate on the dam.

The campground owners woke them up at 3:30am and they had 10 min to get out.

Comment

wow

Comment

Can you imagine what was going trhough the minds of the people in Arkansas?
          The river rose 20 feet in minutes.
          NoBama

Comment

Its crazy to think I was just on a wake boat memorial day weekend on that very stretch of river shown in the video. Now its a disaster area. Fortunately my buddy was able to move his boat out of harms way.

Comment

Wow!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That old river is scary at times.
                West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Man that sucks!
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I've personally have been in some close calls on the Guadalupe around Kerrville.Livin on the rivers helped me big time with Ike..........Respect the water she can give and take at the same time......was this on the local houston news?
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                    X