Gumbo cook off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumbo cook off

Me and POPfly are thinking about entering in the Gumbo cook off at the fishen fiesta in Freeport,and bring home some more trophys for F.W.E.http://www.fishinfiesta.com/Gumbo_Cook_Off.html
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

LOL, reminds me of an old joke about these city slickers went down IH-10 to Louisiana and got some shramp and a big ole bowl o' gumbo each, with some col' beer. A big old nutria swam across the bayou channel, looking like a cross between a beaver and giant rat.

"Wow what's that? It looks like it's big enough to eat!"

(In Cajun dialect) "You're having some of him rat now."

------------------------------

Hey good luck on the gumbo contest and remember to take your time on the roux and you're good to go. Onion, celery, green peps, and good meat, some 'maters 'n' okra. I don't like mine with too much heat or sassafras but hey, you're the chief. -sammie

Comment

Don't worry swells i will gettem!
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nutria is good eating. Don't knock it 'til you try it!
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Good luck !! I'll volunteer to be a judge .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

We's planing on off shore gumbo, but for that inland nutria try this http://www.nutria.com/site20.php and good luck LOL!
            Popper in the morning Popper in the evening

Comment

Most gumbo has small to medium peeled shramp and a little sausage in it, and the sausage can be Andouee (I can't spell it) quartered and cut small, or whatever kind ya want. Great stuff.

But I like it all, jambalaya, shramp creole, rabbit fricasse, mmmm. Hey throw some snake in there, I ain't afraid!

Comment

I didn't here you mention rat etouffee in that list LOL! I've eaten snake too but, shutter at the thought beaver rat... i guess it all taste like chicken! Anything is good if you cook it right... right!
                Popper in the morning Popper in the evening

Comment

Working...
                X