Pappa Law is on the way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pappa Law is on the way.

Since we can't fish La. this Summer Dad is coming over here. He'll arrive Saturday afternoon and if he feels up to it, we'll head straight out to the camp. We'll likely stay out there until Wednesday, unless Dad wants to head in earlier. Everyone is welcome to come out of course. I'd love for everyone here to meet my dad. We have room for 4 other people should anyone want to join us.

I've seen some strange stuff out there lately. I saw a school bus launch a pontoon boat. I saw some crazy coonarses pulling a 16 foot trawl with a jet ski. I saw Albert do a very naughty thing to a bird as well.

You can see the evidence, then Albert looking pitiful after I scolded him. LOL. He looks just like some of my students do when I catch them doing something bad.

The last pic is the shadow of the camp on the marsh in the afternoon. I thought it was a pretty cool photo op.

Hope to see some of y'all out there. - Sandy
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Heading back home from Slidell sometime today (Saturday) and got thing's going on on Sunday. Will try and come out for the day on Monday or Tuesday to meet your dad. I'll give you a call Sunday night and let you know.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

I don't know, it looks like Albert didn't take the scolding to heart. He appears rather annoyed and would like you to mind your own business. I think some detention time is in order and a trip to the principal's office.
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Sure would like to come meet your Pops, but today we are getting hay for momma's horses, and I don't know what the clan has in store for me tomorrow on Father's day.

Y'all have fun and don't catch too many fish........
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I gotta do the fathers day thing part of the day tomorrow but I'm still planning on trying to get out there sun afternoon for some electrical finagling...
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Be great to see you anytime Willie. Same for you Derek. No problem Mike. If you can, when you can. Family comes first.

I picked up Dad, went to the store, got everything iced up and boat hitched up. Dad's takin' a nap. I don't mind at all waiting 'til it's cooler. Right now he says he wants to stay out there until Thursday. We'll see how it goes with the heat. We'll have A/C, but I don't want to tire him out too much. He's 72, so I gotta watch out for him the way he used to watch out for me.

It's a great birthday present to have him here again that we may spend time at the camp, just like the old days.

Hope to see some of y'all out there. - Sandy
            Last edited by coachlaw; June 19, 2010, 06:42 PM.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Good for yall bro and happy fathers day to him!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Have a great fathers day with your Dad Sandy!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Kinda hard to undo that which Mother Nature has taken centuries to perfect Well, glad your dad is coming in for father's day, hope yall enjoy the trip. My dad is in also from Sun City so we are going to chill tomorrow, literally, cause he is 88 and just can't do it anymore, but we had some great trips together for more than a few years. . Watch out for the heat, my son had a bad experience this week from it...

Comment

My dad passed away when I was 25.I was 25 and new everything so we didn't see eye to eye at the time.I've missed him evereyday since.You guys give your dads a hug for me tommorrow.

Comment

will do

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                      My dad passed away when I was 25.I was 25 and new everything so we didn't see eye to eye at the time.I've missed him evereyday since.You guys give your dads a hug for me tommorrow.
                      will do Ed happy fathers day to you sir!
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Have fun out there with Pop's Sandy.i almost stop by your house today and dropped of that item for you but i was too busy and fig. you were at the camp.
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Man guys, Papa is asleep now and I'm chillin' on the porch listenin' to Texas music. Tomorrow evenin' I'll have it LIVE as Tres is comin' out tomorrow evenin'. I feel an impromptu concert comin' on. We got here at sunset and sat on the porch, drinkin' brew. As usual we talked about our most memorable times on Bayou Cook, which sadly is now covered in oil. . I know I'll remember this coming Father's day forever. Our relationship has at times been stressed, but it was always the camp that brought us together. I'm fond of always thanking him for buying the old camp. Tonight he reached out and grabbed m arm and said, "Monk (Old pet name for both my penchant for climbingg trees and my simeon lines on both hands), thanks for getting this camp."

If y'all still have your fathers, reach out tomorrow. Don't just have a good time, let them know how you feel. I'll make sure to let my dad know how much I appreciate him making me a better man. The old camp was all part of that. The new camp is just a continuation. - Sandy

Comment

Moonset is gorgeous. BIG red slamming the bait over in the slough. Gotta get him in the AM. Tomorrow? Crab Boil and redfish on the halfshell. Get your butts out here! - Sandy

Comment

Dang what am I doing up this time of the morning.Sandy you are up late.

Comment

Working...
                              X