Dickinson Bay 7/10 Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickinson Bay 7/10 Evening

Went out with a buddy in his john boat this evening in Dickinson Bay out of the 146 ramp under the bridge. There was a disgusting sheen on the water and a strong smell of diesel fuel in the air! You could even see the tide line muck on the saltgrass all the way to just past the barges before it cleared up! What the #!*#!!! That is going to take a while to disperse. I guess one of the tugs sprung a hell of a leak in their fuel tanks or something? I wonder who the jack arse is. He should be shot with a sheet gun!

Either way we still got into some nice trout at todd's dump just before dark and after trying over by the gate for a bit.

Still kinda ruined the mood coming through that crap again on the way back, it makes me sick.

Did anyone else see or hear about this today? I have fished that area on and off for some time, because it is so close to home and I have never seen anything like that there before.

use to fish from my yak alot over that way when i lived down there but i always took a right under the bridge and went down the bayou.. never seen anything like that b4 over there.. man i miss that place..
    Boats and hoes.

Comment

Drove over the bridge over there today and saw all that crap.. not sure where it came from but there was a lot of it!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bolen View Post
        Went out with a buddy in his john boat this evening in Dickinson Bay out of the 146 ramp under the bridge. There was a disgusting sheen on the water and a strong smell of diesel fuel in the air! You could even see the tide line muck on the saltgrass all the way to just past the barges before it cleared up! What the #!*#!!! That is going to take a while to disperse. I guess one of the tugs sprung a hell of a leak in their fuel tanks or something? I wonder who the jack arse is. He should be shot with a sheet gun!

Either way we still got into some nice trout at todd's dump just before dark and after trying over by the gate for a bit.

Still kinda ruined the mood coming through that crap again on the way back, it makes me sick.

Did anyone else see or hear about this today? I have fished that area on and off for some time, because it is so close to home and I have never seen anything like that there before.
        Rusty,
        Contact the GLO.
        Oil Spill Prevention and Response Program

Oil Spill/Texas General Land Office Oil Spill Reporting Numbers

The Texas General Land Office oil spill reporting toll-free number is 1-800-832-8224.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
        X