468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anegada Pic of the Day - We Bought A Boat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anegada Pic of the Day - We Bought A Boat!

We put the word out that we were looking for a skiff for the flats here. A good friend found what we were looking for on Tortola - and it showed up here on Anegada yesterday.

A 11' Boston Whaler with a 30HP Yammie - got it for $2000.

We are going to do a little bit of paint work on it before we put the FWE stickers on it.

Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
    and
    Houston (Clear Lake City)

The yellow straps are our "trailer". We launch with a backhoe!
    Walker

and

Comment

Nice,congrats
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Walker let me know if you need a custom sticker made up for that nice skiff
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Man, looks like a great deal! Those little Whalers are hard to beat.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Nice! That is perfect!

Comment

Good deal there, Walker. Whalers are great boats. Bet you don't have the gazingas to open 'er up with that 30 or the calm waters!! Good price too. Can't wait to see it after paint and FWE stickers on it!!!

Comment

Does this mean that you have started a guide service? Need a list of open dates and rates.

Comment

Sweet Walker....Can't wait to see the pics of some big fish pulling you around in that!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

We are really excited to have it. Until now, getting to the east end bonefish flats was an hour and a half paddle in my kayak.

The other exciting thing is that it opens up reef trolling - something that we did a few years ago when we had access to a dinghy with a 9.9. We always caught fish trolling the reef.

I have a few things to do before we really put it to use. Number one is get a good anchor. I also need to replace the prop. It has obviously found coral - a fair-sized chunk is missing from one blade. I have ordered a 4-blade SS prop for it.

I also need to build a cover/seat for the bow compartment.

Alas, will not get to use it for another 6 weeks. We enroute to Houston tomorrow - the long commute to work. Will not be back on Anegada until August 23.
                    Walker

and

Comment

Thats cool Walker. Where are you going to keep it? Will you just beach it mostly? What about if you need to have it off the water, do you have the backhoe to take it on and off the water?

Comment

When we are on the island, I will keep the boat tied to a dock on the south side - about a 6 minute drive from our cottage. We might occasionally anchor just off the cottage, but not overnight.

When off island, we will keep it sitting up on blocks at a friend's place. He has the backhoe that we use to launch it. He's a good friend - is having the boat sanded and painted while we are gone.
                        Walker

and

Comment

cool, we can look forward to some pictures of different species. your pictures are great.
                          michelle

Comment

Can't go wrong with a whaler. Nice find.

Comment

Very nice Walker!! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Got to love the thought of having a FWE sticker in that nice water!!
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                              X