Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billystix spin rod sale

guy's
    i have a few 6ft6 and 7ft med action spin rods that i need to move, i know that most of you guy's are bait casters but just thought a few of you might like to have a spin for your wife or as a gift for someone, now the price is right on these i will build these for $160 plus shipping and i will put titanium guides on them at no xtra charge.
    so if any one is intreasted give me a shout, they should go fast at this pricemy nornal price on this rod is $250 so it's quite a good price, i had to buy hvy to get the overall price that i needed and this is the results and now i need to move a few.
    stix
    i also just recieved some new visors $10 and $5 ship's them
    Attached Files

I have always been a spin gear hater. Then I got a Spinning rod from BillyStix for the wife (thanks again Billy!)

Well I gave it a shot and now I know. Billy placed the first guide much closer to the reel than any other egg beater set up I own. Well that along with the extra guides made me rethink my hate. I will say its the best spinning set up I have ever used. The way the guid is set up, you don't get any slap of the line on the rod when you let it go! I think we called it "no-mo-slap" or something like that. I was very impressed. If you like spinning tackle, you WILL LOVE the BILLYSTIX spin rod. I can't say enough about how well its ballanced and how much control the line has vs the off the shelf stuff.

24Buds

Comment

thanks 24buds

Originally posted by 24Buds View Post
      I have always been a spin gear hater. Then I got a Spinning rod from BillyStix for the wife (thanks again Billy!)

Well I gave it a shot and now I know. Billy placed the first guide much closer to the reel than any other egg beater set up I own. Well that along with the extra guides made me rethink my hate. I will say its the best spinning set up I have ever used. The way the guid is set up, you don't get any slap of the line on the rod when you let it go! I think we called it "no-mo-slap" or something like that. I was very impressed. If you like spinning tackle, you WILL LOVE the BILLYSTIX spin rod. I can't say enough about how well its ballanced and how much control the line has vs the off the shelf stuff.

24Buds
      thanks jeff
      you are totally correct in what you have stated a spin rod has it's place , i love the spiral rod no doubt about that but there is a time and place for a well balanced spin outfit and like you said if the guides are correctly aligned in a proper manner then you will find that there will be ""nomolineslap" on the rod blank and this is due to the first guide being in the proper position followed by the proper guides on down the rod, lets look at a custom 7ft billystix 7 to 8 guides plus tip, i just this week rebuilt a rod for a guy that bought his off the shelf ""$189.00 "" 6 guides total first guide almost 30 inches from the middle of the reel seat lot of "" line slap"" on that bad boy it now has 8 guides and the man is fishing it this week not to mention it was tip hvy tip must have weighd #10 i did what i could to lighten it up but not much i could do with it, now he has my labor plus what he spent on it to start with and he still has nothing but a ""name"" i gave him a billy stix to hold and he could not belive the difference in the lightness and the balance, as he said i never gave balance a thought " duh" any way he has one on order but its kinda funny the off the shelf rod now cost him close to $400 dollars and he still has nothing, i tried to tell him up front it was not a good idea to to reguide the rod but he did not want to just throw it away but now he regreat';s his decision.
      later
      stix
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh and I don't get paid for endorsing BILLYSTIX! He is just a good friend. I do think I owe him a beer or 24!

LOL

Comment

6ft6 spiralstix on sale

in my other post i forgot to mention that i recently had a contest on another message board and had a couple of 6ft6 custom billystix spiralstix that i was letting the runner up's have for $150 plus ship and i still have a couple or 3 if any one on west end would like to take advantage of this offer feel free to give me a call.
          stix
          Attached Files

Comment

You need to get that poor Brandi some Ray Guards before she gets hurt.
            Honk if you love Jesus.
            Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

i have 12 more

i just recieved some more rods and they are now $140 for the spin rods if you are looking to get one.
              stix

Comment

brandi dont need no wade guards , she has her billystix
                stix

Comment

Working...
                X