150 TRP blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 TRP blues

The motor is at it again. After most of 2009 in the shop due to ethanol, I finally got her out on the bay again. Now there's a problem getting any top end. The motor runs great from idle to 3,800. But once I go beyond that, the motor begins to surge. The engine changes sound when it surges over 4 K, it sounds like it's leaning out. She has new fuel lines, new filter canister, new ignition.

I think she now wants new fuel pumps? I even washed her and cleaned the bilge out.

Thats a bummer .... my grandfather has a 99' 150 trp .... and it has been a great motor.

There has been some issues with sucking up junk and toasting a water pump

but overall it has been good

we have had it serviced at Stone and Sons Marine, and they have dont outstanding work on it

Their number is 713.686.1711
    And they are located near 610 and 290
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I was gonna say fuel lines. I got an idea for you. Take a 6 gallon tank and put a yammie line on it, fill with new fuel and add 2 cycle and bypass your fuel system and see if it runs well. If it does, it is a fuel issue-maybe a loose clamp, clogged pick-up tube in tank, or bad line-just a pinhole can farge it up and new isn't always good-may have been bad line mfg.

My $.02. If it still acts up with the temp tank, then carbs/injectors or fuel pump or stater (stater, not starter) or ???
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
      X