Funny Thing Happened This Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Thing Happened This Morning

I was catching some keeper size trout in the canal at dawn on the way out this morning. On about the third fish, as I reeled it next to the boat, I looked down and saw a big trout (I thought) following it. As I lifted it, a five foot gar came up after it and at the last minute tail slapped and put a small wave over the gunnel.
    Startled the crap out of me!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Originally posted by kenny View Post
    I was catching some keeper size trout in the canal at dawn on the way out this morning. On about the third fish, as I reeled it next to the boat, I looked down and saw a big trout (I thought) following it. As I lifted it, a five foot gar came up after it and at the last minute tail slapped and put a small wave over the gunnel.
    Startled the crap out of me!
    Do you see a lot of 5 foot trout Kenny?
    "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
    boom

Comment

oh sheet moment fo sho!!
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

I was in my yak during the winter time and hada gar slap the yak chasing sand trout....it scared the sheet out of me !I'm surprised i didn't take a spill in the yak.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Gar have scared the crap out of me more times than anything on this Earth.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I need to know where so I can go hunt the gar with the bow! Ahh how fun!

Comment

If you were fishing our lights, we have a gar that I've been feeding, that gar is BBIIIIGGG. Now can you convince Pat to put the boat in the water.......

Comment

I have a good friend who has shot a 207lb gator gar.

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                  Do you see a lot of 5 foot trout Kenny?
                  LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X