Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas State Park Fine

FYI:

PAY YOUR DAILY FEE or get a year pass for like $60 ACROSS the street from the west end Texas State Park (lake Como). I never got caught, but I finally decided to get a year pass and asked the ranger how much the fine is. I thought it would be like a $25 fine, nothing more than $100... WRONG

Class B misdemeanor... $500!!!

Don't think that just because the guardhouse is closed, no one is patrolling.

wow

Comment

I get a pass every year, in the last couple months ive had my truck tagged twice because they didnt notice my pass on the dash. Showed it to the ranger and they said OK .They do check. They also told me in the future they are going to have a card scanner set up on the gulf side @ GISP. pull up scan in and fish.

Comment

Doesn't your hunt/fish license give you access to state parks? I thought I read that.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It's the opposite. If you pay the entry fee, you can fish within the boundary of the park, without having to have a fishing license.

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
          Doesn't your hunt/fish license give you access to state parks? I thought I read that.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
            It's the opposite. If you pay the entry fee, you can fish within the boundary of the park, without having to have a fishing license.
            x2
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
              That's interesting, can I bring a friend without a license and kayak fish at GISP, within it's boundries of course. Does GISP even have boundries in the water, like "within the geo tubes" or something?
              Finfisher

Comment

Take a look at the TPWD site:

The way it's stated, the body of water has to be totally confined in the boundary of the park for you to be able to fish from a boat (w/o a license). The coves, Lake Como or the gulf shore ain't, they are connected by water to the bay or gulf. So, you'd be limited to the shore and wading.

Originally posted by finfisher View Post
                That's interesting, can I bring a friend without a license and kayak fish at GISP, within it's boundries of course. Does GISP even have boundries in the water, like "within the geo tubes" or something?
                Last edited by Oleander Kayaker; July 22, 2010, 09:19 PM.
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Yikes !! A couple of years ago I launched my kayak on the bay side at dark thirty and in my fishing frenzy state of mind, forgot to get the pass. I returned after dark and while loading up my gear, the park officer rolled up and got out and asked how I did. Nice young fellow with the widest brimmed palm cowboy hat I've ever seen . He then asked if I had my pass. The grin dropped off my face and I stammered that I had completely forgot about that . I asked what do we do now, pay the pass now or what. He said , naw, just don't forget next time and got in his truck and drove off. I was lucky. I guess I looked old and pathetic.
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

What if the shack is closed when you launch? Can you pay up on the way out? I have done this a time or 2 without a problem, but....

Comment

Try calling ahead, 409-737-1222 and see if you can arrange something with them.

Like leaving your first born (purple haired teenager) as a deposit, at the shack.

Originally posted by 24Buds View Post
                      What if the shack is closed when you launch? Can you pay up on the way out? I have done this a time or 2 without a problem, but....

Comment

Kind of tough to do at 4am. I use to fish there alot in the 90's, and never once got a ticket, they were never open to get a pass. But if I got a $500 ticket I would be pissed as hell.
                        Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

Working...
                        X