HAPL Landmen Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPL Landmen Tournament

We had the H.A.P.L. Landmen's Tournament last Saturday at the West End Marina. Had 98 entered and I couldn't even buy a fish. Most fish were caught at the jetties and also near Campbell's and East Bay. JT and Muddskipper were in it and I ran into them out fishing-they were kind enuf to show me a new spot, but I couldn't pull any out. Most folks that fished West Bay had a tough go.

The folks at the Marina did a great job hosting us and it really was nicely done-all thanks to JT fixing it up. I held the first tourney many years ago there right after Roy and Richard bought it and many folks are long time tourney entrants and sent me emails complimenting the fine facilities. THANKS JT-we appreciated the place and kind, nice bartenders and cooks!!

I been doing this tourney for 20 years now and started it in Bolivar (Galveston Vice shut that down-hint-don't leave $ out with dice on a craps table in Galveston), then moved to Pirates-no vice problem, just short on facilities/tables and I hated setting up/renting tents, chairs, etc., so was so darn happy when JT bought the place-I knew it'd be done right and sure enuf it is!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Landmen plus boats plus fishing plus bar/whisky mean JT made coin!!!! Did any of them actually fish? If I was JT next year, I would open the bar at launch time and he would really rake it in!

Comment

Originally posted by Party Barge View Post
      Landmen plus boats plus fishing plus bar/whisky mean JT made coin!!!! Did any of them actually fish? If I was JT next year, I would open the bar at launch time and he would really rake it in!
      That would be against his Quaker beliefs.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

sounds like it was a good turn out.congrats
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Robalo knows how to run a very lst class tournament. When he breaks out the 90 or so door prizes its like Christmas.

After hanging out till 3:30 a.m(long story)., Muddskipper and I hit the water at the crack of dawn at 10:00a.m. and grind it out till 11:15 a.m.

Great time and tournament; just a little shocked to see how old all those guys ive known over the years looked when the rest of us have kept looking so young.

Comment

Yep, I look like I'm 20-20 years past prime!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

HAPL Tourney

Sounds like a good time boys. Even tough fishin makes for a good time. You guys are lucky your workin down south. Ive been doing landwork since 05 and moved to WV in Jan. Its a bummer when your 1400 miles from WBay.

Somebody please find me a job in Texas! lol. No seriously, get me home. I can do anything in a courthouse, OR's, Runsheets, Curative, Surface, Taxes, etc. If anybody needs any help then PM and I'll shoot you a resume.

JT, the place looks great! I escaped down to the beach this weekend and took the golfcart there for a look. It was late at night so i didnt get a chance to get a beer. Definitely will next time though. Sweet setup you have.

Until i fly back next month, you boys enjoy the fishing for me.

Chris

Comment

It was a good time ......and te door prizes rule !!!
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Damn! Sorry I missed it, but was busy actually doing landwork out of a cramped, roach infested motel.

Comment

Working...
                  X