Serious question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question...

I will make it short. Lost my box wading in the surf on Sunday. Had a topwater and some jig heads in a bass assassin bag in my pocket. When I was changing my rig the topwater got me. The cuts are red and feel a little hard, but don't seem to be getting better or worse. With all this flesh eating bacteria crap going around I am a little worried. I usually heal up fast from cuts. I put peroxide on it when I got home from fishing.

are they swollen more than a normal cut?
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

keep a very close eye on that dude be on the safe side and let the DR look at it..
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Jeremy I cut myself I put hand in alcohol & hydrogen peroxide baths for 5 minutes when I got home. Took a shower repeated and then applied neosporin (sp?) its healing up.

Anytime you "puncture" yourself you'll have bruising & redness it will be sore just because it wasn't a "cut" it was an impact so to speak.

Watch it closely but don't get yourself worked up. Your healthy and have a good immune system
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Man, I remember when I was a kid, if we cut ourselves at the camp, Dad told us to go wash it out in the bayou right away. Saltwater was good for cuts. Always worked great. Was vibrio always around? Or is it a new thing?
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Keep a close eye on it-if it starts getyting any more infected looking, head to doc.

X2 on what Coe said-normally older folks and others with hampered immune, but ya never know if ya got a badazz strain or were getting a cold or somethin that lowered immune system, so keep an eye out for infection.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              Man, I remember when I was a kid, if we cut ourselves at the camp, Dad told us to go wash it out in the bayou right away. Saltwater was good for cuts. Always worked great. Was vibrio always around? Or is it a new thing?

I think the jury is out on vibrio being around in the past.I think we hear about it more because the internet and mass media.Your right Sandy my dad told me to go back out in the surf and soak it.lol
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

That "stinging" feeling was a sign that your wound was getting a good "cleaning" LOL
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

You'll be fine!
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

X3 on what Coe said.....If it was Vibrio you would know it by now and have a serious problem from waiting so long.
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Like everyone else said it would have gotten worse by now if it was the nasty stuff and keep antibiotic oinment on it at least 3x per day. Keep it clean and dry and lay off the perioxide this far out.

Comment

I'd be a lot more concerned if it had happened in the bay vs. the surf. Keep triple anti-b on it for a while and if you or anyone in the house has some amoxciclian(sp?) I'd take some of that for 3 or 4 days. Maybe Plugger (Doc. Henry) will chime in on this too.
                        Last edited by 007; July 27, 2010, 06:19 PM.
                        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

007 got it right. Must know a lot about infections. I wouldn't sweat a cut in the surf. The bay is another story.
                          "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                          boom

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                            I'd be a lot more concerned if it had happened in the bay vs. the surf. Keep triple anti-b on it for a while and if you or anyone in the house has some amoxciclian(sp?) I'd take some of that for 3 or 4 days. Maybe Plugger (Doc. Henry) will chime in on this too.
                            just curious what makes the bay more prone? is the the shell ?

Comment

Originally posted by stingray View Post
                              just curious what makes the bay more prone? is the the shell ?
                              Think about it....surf water is exposed to the open Gulf at all times and on the other hand, you have to factor in all of the stagnant back lake water that doesn't circulate as much with the tides. The water gets hotter and is more likely to be a breeding ground for bacteria......just sayin'...
                              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X