Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally

Finally got my 5 yr old Grandson out to wet a line, he chose a Terminator rod/reel combo.. Same as the other kiddy reels but a Terminator.. It was so cool looking @ the tackle and stuff with him @ Academy, we have done that before but not for just him. My plan was to use some peeled shrimp off the Sylvans Beach Pier yesterday. We were running late b/c we had to go get all this stuff and a Man's Breakfast before fishing . He was so Excited let me tell you but I keep telling him we should wait b/c it was getting late morning and it's was gonna be sooooo Hot. The disappointment look was to much so we took off. Actual trip lasted about 20 minutes with the sun beating us down, he did cast his new rod/reel well and we will try it again but only earlier or later in the morn/eve very soon. A few pulls were had and the seed was planted! He said if it wasn't so hot we would torn them up.. Atta Boy... So will try again very soon!
    Prices @ the pier $4 adults Kids under 6 $2
    Time with Grandson Priceless
    A few snap shots:
    Attached Files

that's great...good for you for taking him and giving the opportunity to get some fishing exposure that he may not otherwise get and have some fun together.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Forgot to mention, you will be ck'd or most of the time when you leave. I saw 2 different folks get nailed on undersize Trout. He had about 5 I think, a $1000 ticket wrote and took his poles and gear!! Know the rules before you go!!! I felt sorry for them but only b/c his son was with him and the guy looked like total idot swearing @ the Cop that was just doing his job. The Cop told him if those fish were in his car he would have taken that too..........WOW.......... Not sure about the other guy

wd

Comment

yep your right about getting checked. we were there lastnite we were told no alcohol was allowed so we abliged, sherrifs officer walked the pier and checked everyones cooler for that going in and then walking out he checked eveyone for fishing licenses. now I'm all about following the rules and all but I never noticed the sign that said no alcohol allowed, he checked my cooler twice and my license. he supposedly made some guys at the end of the pier pour out a case of beer...Wow! I was wondering why the officer is doing what a Game Warden should?

Comment

There's a small "no alcohol" sign on the entrance gate up high on the fence... It's like a speed trap.....

Comment

BUT, if you enter at dark or after 10 PM on the late fishing nights when you use a different gate you will not see it...

Comment

Originally posted by Pasadena3044 View Post
              BUT, if you enter at dark or after 10 PM on the late fishing nights when you use a different gate you will not see it...
              yepper it was after dark, my wife missed it too

Comment

Looks like he was having a great time!! WTG!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by stingray View Post
                  yepper it was after dark, my wife missed it too
                  Was it the sheriffs department or the la porte police department? My wife and I were down there on a weekend before the pier was finished and the la porte police were going around having people open their ice chest that were there to picnic..

I'm wondering if one gives up their 4th Amendment rights when they enter la porte texas or sylvan beach!

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,"

Comment

Originally posted by Pasadena3044 View Post
                    Was it the sheriffs department or the la porte police department? My wife and I were down there on a weekend before the pier was finished and the la porte police were going around having people open their ice chest that were there to picnic..

I'm wondering if one gives up their 4th Amendment rights when they enter la porte texas or sylvan beach!

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,"
                    it was the sherrifs dept. for sure and that's exactly what I'm tring to figure out, I have no problem when a game warden asked to open my icechest since I am fishing but an officer

Comment

Originally posted by stingray View Post
                      it was the sherrifs dept. for sure and that's exactly what I'm tring to figure out, I have no problem when a game warden asked to open my icechest since I am fishing but an officer
                      I think they are checking more for beer... I read on another fishing site that they were giving tickets if you had any... I can't find where I read it...

I don't even drink, but I have a problem with a police officer wanting to look into my ice chest for no reason.

Comment

Way to go Walt! Glad you got the little guy out there and looks like he had a great time. Making memories!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice going BW. As far as checking your coolers, I believe that having the "cooler" gives them the right to inspect it since "No Acohol" signs were posted. He couldn't search a purse though, but since a cooler gives reason for suspicion, he can check IMO.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice job getting him out there
                              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X