Check Out Beauty......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Out Beauty......

My new longbow came in today and I've already named her Beauty. It is a White Wolf Custom that is a 62" and 48# @ 28". After getting her unwrapped I quickly made my way over to Santa Fe Archery to get a nock installed, and shoot inside where it was cool. I am competely impressed with this bow, it took a little for me to get use to, and for the new string to settle in, but then it was lights out. It is a smooth as any recurve I've ever shot, and far smoother than all longbows. Not sure about speed, but it was hitting harder and deeper than my Chinook which is 7lbs heavier.

I will have to recommend one of these bows to anyone in the market for a new longbow, and the guy also makes recurves. http://www.whitewolfbows.com/
    Attached Files
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

That is nice!

Comment

That is truly a gorgeous bow.
      I've the Martin Dream Catcher (recurve) and Beauty certainly rivals it.
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Pretty !! I understand that the original Welsh longbow was 6 feet long with a pull of about 100 pounds , I think. It took a lot of pratice to master and build up the strength to pull and the bowmen were highly prized in the English army for being able to penetrate the French nobility knight's armor . It was a game changer as the French were slaughtered at Crecy and Aguincourt . My ancestors were bowmen , family crest has arrows and a bow... my last name is BOWMAN .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice,congrats
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
            Pretty !! I understand that the original Welsh longbow was 6 feet long with a pull of about 100 pounds , I think. It took a lot of pratice to master and build up the strength to pull and the bowmen were highly prized in the English army for being able to penetrate the French nobility knight's armor . It was a game changer as the French were slaughtered at Crecy and Aguincourt . My ancestors were bowmen , family crest has arrows and a bow... my last name is BOWMAN .
            Yes being an Archer in those days took a lot of strength, and most of the practice was about strength and not accuracy. As the fighting force would line up in rows upon rows being percise was not required, being able to release as many arrows as possible in the right direction was required and that took incredible strength.

Today, with the refined materials and production processes we have, a bow doesn't have to be 100lb draw to be able to throw an arrow at the same speeds and power. It is very likely my bow at 48lbs would come very close to the same power of the original English Longbows. Talking about slaughtering the French, man just think if they had been armed with bows like mine, then you could have fielded twice or three times as many Archers.

It might also be a good thing that those materals and production processes were not know years ago, or the Native Americans would of chased us white folks back Europe.......
            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Maybe I should give archery a try...... maybe the genes will help.
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I don't know archery, but that looks darn fancy!
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm sure proud of her and will be putting her to good use!

Comment

Derek i would be scared to use "Beauty" she looks to good.
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                    X