No announcement yet.

Where to buy trailer parts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a Mc Clain trailer, just an older no name (i guess) jon boat trailer. I'll go to Academy and see what I can round up. And yes I know what you mean about Mc Clain parts, I've delt with that on the kenner.

Comment

Sounds like if nut and cotter pin are exposed, someone knocked off the hub covers, which could have been Buddy Bearings or just a tin round cap. You need a cover of some kind, otherwise the bearing grease flies out when driving and you'll have dry bearings which will burn up and you may lose a wheel/axle.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
        Sounds like if nut and cotter pin are exposed, someone knocked off the hub covers, which could have been Buddy Bearings or just a tin round cap. You need a cover of some kind, otherwise the bearing grease flies out when driving and you'll have dry bearings which will burn up and you may lose a wheel/axle.
        Exactly! So if I were to get buddy bearing caps, which have a grease point, I should be good to go... Right?

Comment

Originally posted by fishcatchr View Post
          Exactly! So if I were to get buddy bearing caps, which have a grease point, I should be good to go... Right?
          Yeah basically if you wanted to redo everything you remove the carter pin, remove the spindle nut pull the hub off. Remove the bearings, clean & inspect the hub. If your planning on putting new bearings toss the old ones. Check your races to make sure they are smooth they sit inside the hub and the bearing sits on those. There are two. Repack the bearings in your hand before installing. put back together, slide back onto spindle (grease spindle beforehand) Slide the whole unit on, put the spindle nut on tighten hand tight check the hub to make sure its sitting right and spins, install carter pin. Put the buddy bearing on or just a regular dust cap...

The buddy bearing only allows you a place to grease your bearings... If you reinstall buddy bearing just give it 2-3 squirts because you'll already have it packed (the bearing) once you install it.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

x2 with Coe, plus sand the spindle to ensure no pitting, then wipe down real good. Ya need to inspect the bearings since exposed-likely if were exposed, bearings lost grease and need replacing (even if grease is all over them-likely the grease "spun" out of bearing itself-that's why it's a messy job-ya fill hand with grease and slam the bearings into hand to ensure greased well and keep turning bearing and slamming into grease until "packed" with grease-that's called "packing the bearing" and ya gotta/oughta do that even on new bearings, then put all back together). Use a good lithium based axle grease.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
            X