Costa Rica Fishing and West Bay from 30,000 Feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costa Rica Fishing and West Bay from 30,000 Feet

Just got back from Costa Rica last night. Flew down ther last thursday and fished out of Los Suenos friday and saturday. On the flight down we flew over West Bay and I took some cool pics. So fishing there was kinda slow since it's kind of their off season. But friday we managed to pick up some tuna and an 8ft Sail Fish!! It was my first sail, I was stoaked! Took some pics and released it to swim another day. On saturday we fished inshore in hopes to catch some rooster fish. We didn't find the roosters but caught a few snapper, a jack, and the biggest smack that I have ever seen! Here are some pics, enjoy!!

I can see pirates & Jamaica clear as day! Great shots from 30K!!

Sweet sails! I love Costa Rica been there twice and can't wait to go back!!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

very nice
      Captain Glenn Stevens
      Coastal Guide Service
      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Nice catch and release on the sail Joe. I like the recon pic's of the west end....i would have jumped out of the plane.it's a blast!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          I can see pirates & Jamaica clear as day! Great shots from 30K!!
          It's interesting to see in the first pic how Pirates and Jamaica beach lots are encroaching into the beach. Rather, that the island is slowly eroding inland.

Fantastic shot of the breaking sailfish. WTG!
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Good pics ,congrats on your trip!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I think I see my house . Great pics and nice sail fish. Never been there, might have to check it out sometime.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Fantastic pics and congrats on the sail...Los Suenos may be one of the prettiest spots I have ever been...Now that you got your sail time to add the big blue to the bucket list!
                sigpic

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice Sail! Too bad ya did not get your Rooster. All the more reason to go back, trust me they are worth it. I can't wait till we go back. Who did you fish with while you were there?

Comment

I fished with Matt Douglas on the dream catcher, he is a young captain, only 25, but was excellent. I would recommend him for sure. Plus it was cool fishing with him since I'm only 20 anyway.

Comment

cool pics all around. Nice fish! Thanks for sharing those.
                        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Thanks for the pictures and nice catch

Comment

you sure thats a spanish mack? might be a cero
                            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeAngler View Post
                              you sure thats a spanish mack? might be a cero
                              Yeah I think it's a smack, a cero has a yellow-brown stripe from the pectoral to caudal fin. Also I don't think cero get that big.

Comment

Working...
                              X