motor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor help

got a 115 evinrude etec and i need to know how to take a good care of it and how do yall do it?? today after the trip i flushed the motor with water hose for about 15 minutes is that right??...how do i prevent from the inside of motor to rust?? any help apperciated thanks

Ryan

Spray all moving parts with Corrosion X and you should be fine.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

x2 on corrosion x it will build up a protective layer and put a nice film to prevent corrosion.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

X3, remove cowling and spray it down-you don't have to do it weekly or after each use (you can, but that stuff aint cheap).
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

what is cowling?

Comment

Your motor cover.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

You really only need to flush it for 4 minutes (3 if the motor is already warm). Also spray the whole outside of the motor down with fres water to get salt out of the nooks and crannies. Especially around the tilt/trim and steering related parts.

On the motor part under the cowling, you can spray it with corrosion X if you like, but as long as the cowling is properly sealed and you don't open it up on the water and get salt in there you won't ever have a problem. Etecs are very corrosion resistant.

My Etec sits outside next to the saltwater 365/year. Its 2.5 years old and still looks and runs new.

Good luck
              Honk if you love Jesus.
              Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

what u mean corrosion resistant?? they get rusted easy??

Comment

Working...
                X