FFA Sponsor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFA Sponsor.

This coming up school year I was wanting to raise an animal/s for FFA. As it stands I might could do chickens or turkeys without needing a sponsor (maybe).

If I could get a sponsor I would be able to raise a bigger animal like say a pig. I'm not 100% sure how the sponsor thing works and I need to talk to my ag teacher to find out.

If anyone thinks they might be interested let me know, and I will send you more information as I find out.

Thanks
    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Lurefisher may be able to help he loves that stuff!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I might be able to. What school do you go to?

Comment

Primer it’s a lot of work but you’re a big boy, what county you live in. I might be able to help you with a show pig?
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
          Primer it’s a lot of work but you’re a big boy, what county you live in. I might be able to help you with a show pig?
          Harris.
          Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

I don't want to set anything in stone yet as i'm not 100% sure how this works.

Comment

That’s cool Primer, I am always here to give you a hand. I know one thing them chickens are some work but they are the only show animal you raise for six weeks and your at the show. You have to get out there every hour to wake them up so they will eat then go back the next hour and shew them up,. see when they get up and eat they eat tell there tiered and lay up so when you bother them they get up and eat again. Every week you got culls then you bring in the chicken feelers and find the 3 that are matching birds. What ever you chose im sure you will have fun, I have places to raise a pig for you but it gets kind of expensive at 24 dollars a bag of good protein feed, and I would need you there to walk {train him to the stick} the pig so he would be yous to you …Let me no after your class starts and what you find out, I also have the rabbit guy to…..
              Attached Files

Comment

That’s cool Primer, I am always here to give you a hand. I know one thing them chickens are some work but they are the only show animal you raise for six weeks and your at the show. You have to get out there every hour to wake them up so they will eat then go back the next hour and shew them up,. see when they get up and eat they eat tell there tiered and lay up so when you bother them they get up and eat again. Every week you got culls then you bring in the chicken feelers and find the 3 that are matching birds. What ever you chose im sure you will have fun, I have places to raise a pig for you but it gets kind of expensive at 24 dollars a bag of good protein feed, and I would need you there to walk {train him to the stick} the pig so he would be yous to you …Let me no after your class starts and what you find out, I also have the rabbit guy to…..

Alright thanks, Lurefisher.

Comment

Primer something to consider is where you keep your animals, Do yall have a ag barn where you can house your animal if you don’t have the room or city right to. The pigs I raise are not at my house do to the rules that pigs can’t be in the city limits, so for a couple of years me and my son raised a few goats and rabbits I could keep in my back yard, If you could get an animal in your ag barn it really helps for the sake of the facility, like water, shower stall, practice arena.

Comment

What about a Lamb? I raised several of those and they are fairly easy to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
                      What about a Lamb? I raised several of those and they are fairly easy to keep.
                      I never did the lamb,but our 4-H leader is into them and breeds some nice ones!

Comment

I can help with lambs and Heifers. I had a few of those also.

Comment

I know a guy out of Dayton that has some pretty nice pigs.

Comment

Got a web site?

Comment

I never did the lamb,but our 4-H leader is into them and breeds some nice ones!
                              Sounds kinda kinky......
                              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X