Blockade Runners Aug. 21st and 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Aug. 21st and 22nd

Heading out there Saturday morning to bring everything out. Then I'll be headed to the 2cool bash at Sam's Beach for most of the day. I'll get back to the camp for the Saints/Texans game. If anyone else comes, I can do ribs for dinner. If you want crabs, there is a bumper crop. Just bring bait for the traps. We should have walls and ceiling up in the bedroom by then.

The big news is that Tom just brought down a new 10,000 BTU A/C. Just spoke to him and he says he's got it down to 68 in there. So for all of you who are afraid of the heat. There you go. Things are rollin' at Blockade Runners.

Let me know by Friday afternoon if you're plannin' on comin' so I can plan eats and such. Right now I'm solo. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

So you gonna make it to hooters?
    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Looks like I'll be there. I'll tell you what, things sure have gotten jam packed busy with school starting on Monday. I put twice as much on my to do list as I can get done each day. One of my former players was riding by earlier and he saw me. He said, "Man Coach Law, you're always doin' SOMETHING. Don't you get tired?" I said, "Yep, but I'm never bored." . . . . . . I'll tell you what!
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
        Looks like I'll be there. I'll tell you what, things sure have gotten jam packed busy with school starting on Monday. I put twice as much on my to do list as I can get done each day. One of my former players was riding by earlier and he saw me. He said, "Man Coach Law, you're always doin' SOMETHING. Don't you get tired?" I said, "Yep, but I'm never bored." . . . . . . I'll tell you what!
        Lol!
        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

So far I plan on it.
          I want to gig but I need a partner that knows how to co-pilot a fan boat when it's on air
          and the best so far has been Ray Corn"Dog"...I left him a voice mail but I haven't heard from him yet. Even if its blown out I could do some sitting!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Sandy, I took some pics last time I was out there.
            Attached Files

Comment

I also got a pic from the front of the camp but I forgot you were marching down the dock without a shirt on.

Comment

Originally posted by Primer View Post
                I also got a pic from the front of the camp but I forgot you were marching down the dock without a shirt on.

I have a couple of those my self primer!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by 2112 View Post
                  So far I plan on it.
                  I want to gig but I need a partner that knows how to co-pilot a fan boat when it's on air
                  and the best so far has been Ray Corn"Dog"...I left him a voice mail but I haven't heard from him yet. Even if its blown out I could do some sitting!
                  Does it steer from the front?

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
                    Does it steer from the front?
                    Yessir,

Comment

I have owned a bowfishing boat with a fan and I could drive it holding a bow in one hand and a beer in the other!lol

Comment

Originally posted by mjh View Post
                        I have owned a bowfishing boat with a fan and I could drive it holding a bow in one hand and a beer in the other!lol
                        That my friend is called skills!

Comment

Yah me too but I got in a motorbike wreck and am healing a broken collar bone.
                          With that said...the nature of the game is running shorelines in at least 10 inches of water because most of our waters are off-color most of the time. This means the fan boat is constantly running right next to the shore and dragging the bottom. Get to shallow and we run aground. If the co-pilot is not paying attention and helping me by using his gig to nudge the boat away from too shallow waters then that means I constanly run aground and after several hours of push a big fan boat of off sand bars will wear one down and make you sore the next day, so no rookies this trip.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

2112 i can drive that sucker and i still need to show you around Chocolate!
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I understand. I have been in those situations. Do you have 360 turning radius on the fan?

Comment

Working...
                              X