Stringers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stringers

What type of stringers are you all using? I've been using the one from Hookset. It's a great stringer, holds up well, fish slide on and off easily, but the problem is that it sinks. I'm getting tired of getting all tangled up in my fish, thats when I have fish. I hear Skinky Pants makes a good one too, but looks like it sinks also. I've tried the one from Fish Slick, it does float, but the outer coating tears up.

I tried most of the new ones and went back to an old blue Numark one that I had. I just put a new float on it. It floats and stays away from me pretty well. I could stiffen it up more with some net dip.

To be honest, if you can't shake your fish off the stringer then there's something wrong with you!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I use an FTU store brand. It seems to tangle up on me only with flounder.

Comment

I use the Hookset also and have liked it so far. I have only had issues when fishing heavy shell.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

FTU here too
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
            I tried most of the new ones and went back to an old blue Numark one that I had. I just put a new float on it. It floats and stays away from me pretty well. I could stiffen it up more with some net dip.

To be honest, if you can't shake your fish off the stringer then there's something wrong with you!
            ...............................................I used to have the blue Numark and loved it till the day I left it behind at a cleaning station. All the "cord" type stringers I see nowadays are too thin and just get twisted up in knots. It looks likes I may have to take a trip to FTU.

Comment

Steve I have one for ya... I will drop it off in a little while...
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Steve i like my stinky pant's stringer but in a fix any ole stringer will do.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

FISH SLICK....the outer coating does eventually crack , but I do like that it floats and fish slide off easily .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Does the FTU brand float ?
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hookset and it works great for me. Mine has never sunk, because I never have enough fish on there
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Har !!

Comment

HookSet stringer is top in my book!
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                            Hookset and it works great for me. Mine has never sunk, because I never have enough fish on there
                            .........I don't have a problem with the float sinking, but the cord will sink and end up around your legs. I would hate for Jaws to mistake my feet for my dinks or worse.

Comment

Working...
                            X