Diversionary Canal.......Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diversionary Canal.......Help?

First off I dont want exact locations by any means from anyone.

I keep hearing about the diversionary canal and I have been trying to locate it on maps and the internet but im having trouble. I hear it drains from Hitchcock into Jones Lake between Harborwalk and highland bayou but I dont know where any of that is so I was just wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction on where to put my kayak in so I can get in the diversionary canal and around that area to get on some fish.

Any help and tips is very much appreciated.
    Thanks everybody.

Thats a pretty long paddle from any boat ramp.There is a public boat ramp on the canal itself in Hitckcock...located on the road the Police station is on.,its about 5 mile down the canal till it opens up. The other boat ramp is FatBoys the paddle across Jones Lake maybe 3 miles.

Comment

WOW, haha I was thinking I could kayak up in there easily but I guess not.
      Thanks for your help though.

Comment

Your best bet would be Louis Bait Camp on HWY 6. Still a good paddle though

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post

AQUA PIMP
          Ok maybe ill give that a try, may just have to stick with the flats untill I get a boat.

Comment

You can also launch at the harborwalk bridge but you would have to leave you vehicle in a crappy place. I have done it more than once and have not been robbed...

Comment

Take a look at the south shoreline of Chrismas bay.You can drive up and launch your Ki Yak there and have a whole bay of skinny water fishing.Lots of little dirt roads leading to the bay from the Blue water Hiway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                Take a look at the south shoreline of Chrismas bay.You can drive up and launch your Ki Yak there and have a whole bay of skinny water fishing.Lots of little dirt roads leading to the bay from the Blue water Hiway.
                Cool I just need some good spots to yak fish

Comment

Originally posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
                  Cool I just need some good spots to yak fish

Sea isle canal lights.
                  "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                  boom

Comment

Originally posted by illusionfishin View Post
                    You can also launch at the harborwalk bridge but you would have to leave you vehicle in a crappy place. I have done it more than once and have not been robbed...
                    Your taking a big risk doing this and the people I see fishing aren't the best of people (just sayin') you may not want them around your truck / car.

It is a close spot to put in though just be careful where you park along the road and aware of your surroundings.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hey guys how deep is the canal? Can a boat other than a yak manuver without getting stuck?
                      don't lose the big one, change your line.
                      Sushidog6

Comment

Originally posted by sushidog6 View Post
                        Hey guys how deep is the canal? Can a boat other than a yak manuver without getting stuck?
                        Easily. I'm not sure the depth and I don't feel like going to the garage to get the map out of the boat. But I wanna say atleast 10'
                        Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Originally posted by sushidog6 View Post
                          8'
                          "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
                          boom

Comment

pm sent
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post

AQUA PIMP
                              X2 instead of paddling out that far he should hit up that marsh once he goes through the little canal there, i've caught plenty of reds from that area..

Comment

Working...
                              X