Birthday Pictures - Hackberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Pictures - Hackberry

As most of you know Donna surprised me with a weekend of fun in Louisiana. Left Galveston on Friday and took the coast line most of the way to Hackberry. Almost ran out of gas, but made it there without any problems. Sitting around the camp and our friend from Galveston pulled up, which was a big surprise for me. THANKS for coming Kim and Allen and the shirt was awsome (see picture # 1).

Woke up at 4:30 Saturday morning, since we were having breakfast and heading out at 5:30. Left the camp and had not clue where we were going, but we ended up on the beach front fishing the south side of the rock. Caught several trout, but the NE wind made it interesting. Left there and hit a few other spots and caught trougt, reds and a few flounder. Yep, got the Texas slam in Louisiana

Left the camp and hit Lake Charles for some gambling. Thank god Donna was there, because she made me leave when I was up. Had a great time this weekend and I hate to see it end!

Here are some pictures and yes I let the BIG UGLY go!
    Attached Files
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Nice job on the shirt! Hackberry rocks. It is where I fish out of for Lake Calcasieu.
    Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
    and
    Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Looks like a great time...happy birthday to ya
      sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday....

Comment

Nice Birthday and pictures...
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Gret pics Mike.....Look like you had a great time....Love the cane.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

looked fun mike. happy birthday. the wildest fishing trip i ever went on was there, kimmie is a riot when she gets to drinking. it's just hard to get used to keeping 12 inch fish.
              michelle

Comment

Mike looks like you had a great birthday weekend, too many more my friend!!!!

Comment

Michelle,
                  Kimmie was really fun and with Mark around they make for some cheap entertainment. I would recommend these guys any day of the week. We actually fished with Captain Matt Griffin, who was fun to be with.

Originally posted by michelle View Post
                  looked fun mike. happy birthday. the wildest fishing trip i ever went on was there, kimmie is a riot when she gets to drinking. it's just hard to get used to keeping 12 inch fish.
                  michelle
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks everyone, I am just luck to have Donna around. Don't know what I would do without her! By the way, the 12" trout and no size limit on the flounder was really hard to get use to and I don't think I can every get use to it.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

12" ain't bad when it's 25 trout per person.

Glad y'all had a great time. Hope to see y'all soon. - Sandy
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Who caught those fish? JK sounds like you had a great time!!! See ya soon.
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

nice birthday present.looks like yall had a blast
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice! Looks like you hooked up on quite a few.

Comment

Thanks for sharing .... what a nice surprise ..... what a great time !!
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X