Handheld GPS Suggetions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handheld GPS Suggetions??

I'm looking for a handheld GPS to use on my jon boat and for whatever else. I want something that is capable of displaying maps, not just a screen with waypoint dots. Not looking to spend a ton of money for something fancy.

lowerance H2oC is what i use with a navonics chip!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks, I'll check that one out

Comment

Garmin GPS Map 76CSX or others with Satellite Imagery are real cool...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

x2 on any of them-you can find em pretty cheap.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks, where is a good place to look for them cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
              me too! and sneeky too!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

try West marine, Academy, BPS, maybe REI-check with the sponsor's here also. Check Craigslist. I have 2 or 3 and never use the darn things hardly at all-but I keep em just in case. See if someone has last year's models-they don't change much bewteen years-the chip will cost about $100-200 depending on models/mfg., so ya may wanna look at what the chip costs and then search for mfg/model. Navionics is I believe $99 for the chip-I paid $200 years ago for it. They aint copyable either but ya can swap into a boat unit or handheld IF same mfg-a Navionics for a Lowrance fits Eagle and Lowrance and is interchangeable between Lowrance/eagle handheld (if chip capable) and boat units, but a Hummingbird chip fits hummingbird, only, etc. etc.. Ya can't put a hummingbird chip into Lowrance. They purposefully did that so ya gotta get same unit in future to use or swap chips between units-make sense to ya?
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Don't know if you use E-bay, but I have found some pretty good deals on it. You might also try some pawn shops that's where the theives take them when they steal them off boats and cars. You might also check to see if any of the stores have any refurbished units, they will have the same warranty as a new one since they have gone back to the mfg for the refurb.
                  don't lose the big one, change your line.
                  Sushidog6

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                    I use a lowerance H20 myself good unit hard to see when running with a little chop but that may be my eyes they don't see like they oncedid

Comment

Garmin
                      They like shiny spoons...

Comment

I have Lurefisher H2O works reat I just need to delete some of my spots off of it beore i give it ack. Oh wait he already knows them never mind!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I have a Garmin 60CSX and am very pleased with it. You can get cards for detailed maps to put in it.

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I'm going to do some searching for the best price now. I'll let yall know what I come up with.

Comment

Working...
                            X