Calculated Approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculated Approach

Another great article in the "News" section by Captain Steve Soule' (shallowist)

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

The information Shallowist gives for free on this site is amazing. Every time he writes up a newsletter I get excited because I KNOW I will learn something new. The crazy thing is (and as much work as he put into the letter) that info is the tip of the ice burg for pros. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, wow... I cant believe hes giving this away for free! But then I realize, its like Tiger Woods (pre-beating) showing people his golf grip to amateurs. Its not the grip, its the swing, tempo, weather, type of ball, loft, club, grass length/type, slope of green, wind direction and last but not least PRACTICE....

Practice and experience are the keys to success, and Shallowist's news letters are nudges in the right direction. WAY TO GO!
    Last edited by sfef84; August 31, 2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sfef84 View Post
      The information Shallowist gives for free on this site is amazing. Every time he writes up a newsletter I get excited because I KNOW I will learn something new. The crazy thing is (and as much work as he put into the letter) that info is the tip of the ice burg for pros. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, wow... I cant believe hes giving this away for free! But then I realize, its like Tiger Woods (pre-beating) showing people his golf grip to amateurs. Its not the grip, its the swing, tempo, weather, type of ball, loft, club, grass length/type, slope of green, wind direction and last but not least PRACTICE....

Practice and experience are the keys to success, and Shallowist's news letters are nudges in the right direction. WAY TO GO!
      X2

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Comment

Great information as usual , Steve !! Thank you for sharing what you have learned through many years of effort .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

awesome stuff
            thanks steve.

you da man!

Comment

I'm always happy to know that people find the articles useful, and greatly appreciate the praise. I have a few more good ones coming, just need to find the time. That's the hard part. The research side is what's fun!!
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

That is a great article Steve.. Just last night, Clint and I were talking and I mentioned to him that very few people know how much time and frustration we spend on the water. I have people ask me all the time. How are you so consistant on catching fish and I always reply. "Time on the water" is what teaches you
                Capt. Thomas Barlow
                281-827-6815
                www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

I told a friend the other day that it's not just what you learn from the good days, but of equal importance, what you learn from the bad days. It's just tough to put that information down as fact on the days that don't produce.

Comment

schooled

When I was a little boy my grandfather told me there is a reason god gave us two ears and only one mouth! If you close one and open two you will be much more inlightened! You will always be able to learn something in the world of fishing as long as you remember that. Thanks for all your time and effort Steve.

Comment

Great read, thanks Steve! You should write a book...I'd buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by sublimesurf74 View Post
                        Great read, thanks Steve! You should write a book...I'd buy it.
                        It isn't that far in the future. Actually a series of booklets. The first is written, need to finish up some photography and then hit the printers. I'm hoping that I can get it done before the end of this year. It will show up on this website first!

Comment

Great read as usual Capt Steve.......I have learned an immense amount of information the times I have been on the water with you. Thanks for all the great insight!
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great info! Being new to saltwater fishing, I'm reading all I can to learn as quickly as possible. My first outing I went with someone who knew some about saltwater fishing and we caught a few trout, sheepshead, and a redfish. My last two times out (once at Galveston Island St. Park on Como Lake) and last week at Surfside Jetty weren't nearly as productive. I'm all for "time on/in the water" but there's a lot of water out there! Not knowing for sure how to locate fish can be a bit frustrating. Still, just being out there is half the fun. I need to hook up with someone really experienced so I can learn more. I really want to get into wade fishing more. Going to look for a pair of lightweight waders on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                            X