468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blockade Runners Labor Day Weekend Fri-Mon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMO View Post
    Hey Sandy, it's 55 degrees here in Biddeford Maine, hope to get out soon. Man this is a beautiful school, right on the Atlantic Ocean. Rode out Earl last night , a beer can was knocked over that's about it.
    I'll be in Biddeford the 20-21st. Hope to enjoy those tasty lobsters!!! Cant wait for that cool weather!!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Oh MAN! What a coupla days out here. I haven't had to shake my fists at many people. They just haven't been comin' up the Bayou much. The tide has been unusually high, and the fishing has been particularly pathetic. Of 7 people the last 2 days, only one keeper trout has been caught. Crabs on the other hand are quite plentiful. Saturday VJER and Dean showed early and fished most of the day. They got nothing for their efforts but an empty live bait well. Blake and his neighbor Jim showed in the afternoon and Tres and Jennifer made it out sans Courtney in the evening. We had the lights out last night, but it was completely fruitless. Most of us crashed early, enjoying electricity like crazy.

This morning Tres cooked bacon and pancakes for everyone. I went to work on finishing out the trim in the Cave with Blake's help. Tres, Jen, and Jim tried their best to catch something, but nada. Blake and I got the room as finished as we can until we get the last few panels from TMO. I'm actually sitting in the Cave now, enjoying some A/C while everyone else is crashed in the bedroom. This place is really comin' along. It really brings back a lot of memories of rebuilding this room . . . . . .

Oh Willie, Blake was in rare form this evening, but I wouldn't call anything he did funny. Given some time it may turn that way. I've got to get over the sheer terror though. Film at 11.

Tonight we had a feast they would have been jealous of in La. Boiled crabs, taters, onions, elephant garlic, grilled ribeyes, fillet mignon, grilled corn, and beef ribs. Blake gave me hell on my cooking methods, but changed his tune as he ate. He says I earned my Texas card tonight. Does that mean I'm a naturalized citizen? Tres played a 12-13 song set after dinner and we all enjoyed it immensely as usual.

Blake and Jim are leaving in the early AM, with Tres and Jen not far behind. I'll stay as long as I can to squeeze the very last bit of the last official day of Summer. I reckon I'll leave around sunset if I can wait that long with the odd weather we've been having. Hard east wind today some showers, but nothing terrible.

My only regret is that this weekend is almost over.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

You may want to tie everything down before you leave. Tides are forecasted to be 3-4' above normal because of the tropical storm that just formed in the Gulf.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Good story .... we've all been a bonehead before . I think I have done more than my alotted share , though !!
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
            Good story .... we've all been a bonehead before . I think I have done more than my alotted share , though !!
            My head hurts... I had time and whiskey... too much of both last night! I had a blast though. Sorry for ragging on you last night buddy. It was all in good fun though and congrats on earning your Texan Card! It was a good time and Tres and Jennifer are great folks to hang out with.

Comment

Well, I'm back at home. After I posted last night, I hit Intellicast and saw what was to come. So I hit the sack and woke at 6am. I cooked some breakfast for everyone and began my cleaning ritual. Before I knew it, it was 7:30 and everyone was up. I hated leaving the place the way it was, but I could see it was time to get out of Dodge. I had planned to spend the whole day cleaning up and putting trim up in the bedroom. I put everything up and battoned down as much as possible in case the storm turns our way.

Thanks again to Blake for the loan of the "Ace in the Shoal". It's going to be tough to go back to only 60 horses.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I forgot to mention the fine cuisine we dined on. Saturday night Sandy left my buddy Jim and I enough Popeye's fried chicken to keep us from starving ( I was wondering why the water was beading up on his chin ) and Sunday, the feast was on! Beef fillets, pork chops, ribeyes I think, grilled corn on the cob and boiled crabs. Everything was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                X