Need some new boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some new boots?

Then you might want to fish the N. shoreline east of Sea Isle cut. Buddy of mine caught this alligator on a SSjr. saturday morning and couldn't get him unhooked. Neighboring boat had to help him with the release...luckily he wasn't wading
    Attached Files

Nice, I've hooked one but it spit the lure out. I saw 3 this summer, all of them were in the 5-6' range. Maybe more pics like this will keep people off the north shore .

Comment

Next time please shoot it, I really don't want Sadie to have a run in with a gator on the bay.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I would probably crap my pants if I saw one and I know for sure Donna would quit wading!
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I caught lots of them bass fishing. They don't usually mess with you. They have never bothered me, but if it will keep people off the north shoreline I might take a few more of them out there!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Why y'all so scared of gators? I understand being worried about your dogs, but I've been around gators a lot. The only one that ever got pizzed was when we were raiding her nest for eggs. That was a hairy situation. They're pretty docile creatures in general.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              Why y'all so scared of gators? I understand being worried about your dogs, but I've been around gators a lot. The only one that ever got pizzed was when we were raiding her nest for eggs. That was a hairy situation. They're pretty docile creatures in general.
              Because they actually think about how they are going to **** you up before they do it, that freaks me out. Not like a shark that is pure instinct.

I think I would have donated that SS Jr., screw getting back. And I'm with shooting him as well, I hate gators.
              Fire Gerald Myers and Kent Hance!

Comment

That's weird, I had a dream with a gator in it last night. I was fishing a stream and catching redfish? and I looked around and noticed there were a lot of dead, partially eaten fish. I looked down and saw a big stubby tail and realized I was standing on a giant gator. It spun around mouth wide and I scrambled up the bank. The last thing I remember was thinking that gators are faster than a man on land.......
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                  That's weird, I had a dream with a gator in it last night. I was fishing a stream and catching redfish? and I looked around and noticed there were a lot of dead, partially eaten fish. I looked down and saw a big stubby tail and realized I was standing on a giant gator. It spun around mouth wide and I scrambled up the bank. The last thing I remember was thinking that gators are faster than a man on land.......
                  Tripping on paint fumes again?
                  Honk if you love Jesus.
                  Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

I won't ask why you were raiding a gator nest.
                    Honk if you love Jesus.
                    Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

That's a story for the front porch Bro. It starts like most stories of its ilk: "There was this Coonass I knew, and one day . . . . ."
                      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I must confess....I'm responsible for the gators over there. Buy them cheap at most any pet store , grow them out a little and turn' em loose.
                        One of my all time favorites is the north shoreline east of the Sea Isle cut where the grass begins and ends at the next cut...and does it again.
                        The gators are generally friendly and planted there to fend most folks away..
                        I personally would be more scared of Kenny snapping at me over there fishing one of his favorite holes than a smiling pet gator....
                        " What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak minded ."
                        Captain Augustus McCrae

Comment

That's a story for the front porch Bro. It starts like most stories of its ilk: "There was this Coonass I knew, and one day . . . . ."
                          That once hired a crystal meth carpenter...too funny Sandy. opps carry on with the Gator stories. I once was wading in copano when a gator made me walk on water no joking on that.
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

i've seen several gators out wading over the years,and the big majority of the ones i have seen,have been up at the anahuac wildlife refuge.it's not uncommon to see them up there in the spring and summer.a little un-nerving when you are wading and look back towards the shoreline and see one pop up between you and the grass.
                            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Saw them all the time when my wife's parents had a place on Demijohn Island. They lived in the canal systems and along Bastop Bayou and so they never left their little dog outside at night. Some would have to be taken away when they became a nuisance, but I'm sure those gators ate good.
                              Don't feed the wild...life...

Comment

Working...
                              X