Blockade Runners this weekend 9-24,25,26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners this weekend 9-24,25,26

With the weather forecast being so tenuous, I'm not sure of anything at this point. I am hoping to head out on Friday evening with VJER and stay through Sunday afternoon. We plan to get the trim and windows completed, put up the new screen door (Thanks 2112!), and get some bunk beds put together. Hopefully by the end of the weekend we'll be able to sleep 10 with everyone in a real bed. We also have to fix the dock, which gave way due to the sinker piling being stacked on it. It should be an easy fix if we can get some lower tides.

In a worst case scenario, we'll head out Saturday morning. With the weather being as it is, I don't expect this to be a great weekend out there, but the weathermen were so WRONG last weekend, they do owe me, so who knows.

If anyone wants to come out, just post up. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

sometimes I think the weather for this area is for Hobby Airport. It never makes a whole lot of beans. That 40% of rain last week was a joke here at our house. Oh, by the way it was 60% here today. Hahahaha, okay we had an almost drizzle.

Comment

Well, scratch tonight. I am just too tired to make it down there today. It'll be Saturday/Sunday only.
      From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

if we can get some lower tides
        I'll buy the beer if you can even see mud on the bayou this weekend. Too bad the front isn't 2 days earlier or you would be set.

Comment

Yep, I was hoping on that front. Well, we could still do it, but it would make the jack a one time use item.

Comment

Heading out with VJER and Dean around 7:30. I'll see y'all late tomorrow night from the air card. I promise to take pics of the new interior. Went to the hardware store with VJER this afternoon and purchased all we'll need for 2 sets of bunk beds. We should have a new screen door up by Sunday evening as well.

Comment

Wow, what great weather we had. Thanks to VJER for all his hard work and good company. We launched around 9:30 on Saturday morning and made it to the camp with all the materials for the bunk beds. We go to work soon after arriving. First we fixed the dock, which had sunken down due to the excessive weight of a sinker piling sitting on it. I found that the whole thing had been held together with a single nail. Of course I blamed Vic, because he had helped build the dock. A hydraulic jack and a couple of lag bolts and it was better than before.

After fixing the dock, things went slower than we hoped due to air tool troubles, but the trim in the bedroom is done, save for the window sills and wraps. We had a visit from Fishbobr and we threw in the towel without starting on the bunk beds. Supper was great! Bone in ribeyes and rosemary potatoes with barbecued bananas for dessert. The skeeters were something aweful, so we took dinner and drinks in the bedroom with the A/C blowin' on us. As always I slept extremely well. I dreamt of happy days on Bayou Cook.

Vic woke me up around 8:30 this morning. I got to work on breakfast and he got to work on the bunk beds. When noon arrived, I got him set up to watch the Texans game on the front porch and I sat in the kitchen cooking jambalaya and listening to the Saints game on the radio. Of course we would both be sad by the time our games ended, but the bunk beds are 90% complete. One of them is ready for sleepin' and the other 3 only need plywood to be made ready.

We had to stop workin' at 6:15 so that we could try to beat the skeeters out of the county park. We failed miserably in that attempt, but we did make it home. It was a great trip, but no fish were caught . We were so busy the whole time I never even raised the flag.

This week should be another great one as Tres will be headed down on Thursday and I'll be joining him Friday evening. That's the plan anyway. I'll post pics in a little while. - Sandy

Comment

Pics!

Forgot to mention that Walker buzzed by the place a couple times in his plane today. I never get tired of that! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera ready

Pics:

1. Vic gets down and dirty to get the trim on.
                2. A nice sunset
                3. Steaks on the grill
                4&5. Interior shots
                Attached Files

Comment

More pics

More pics

1. Vic starts the bunk beds
                  2. Vic pole dancing????
                  3. Jambalay, crawfish pie, file gumbo . . . . Well Jambalaya anyway.
                  4. Vic set up to watch the Texans game
                  5. Bunk bed progress
                  Attached Files

Comment

More pics

1-4. Bunk bed progress
                    5. I don't know what to say about this one. Mr. September? LOL.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The place is looking good Sandy, I have got to get back down there.
                      A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

As far as pole dancing...

Sandy had just shown me some moves and I was trying to emulate them, but I guess that is better left to the experts. I saw him butt clench that pole and then lift his feet off the ground...unbelievable!!!!

Mr. September...hmmmm...I played very little base ball, so that pic won't be seen in Baseball Monthly, but it will be seen in the new issue of Big'n'Phat in its bi-decade publishcation at your favorite news stands starting in 2112...Watch for them...LOL...Vic

Comment

Dat's naaaaasty.

Comment

Sandy, I have some meat for your crab craps. Would you be interested if my wife does not want to eat them?
                            NoBama

Comment

You're going to have to rephrase that Josh. I'm afraid to answer. You plannin' on comin' out there sometime soon?

Comment

Working...
                              X