Saturday Snapper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Snapper?

Anyone planning on going offshore this weekend chasing snapper? Wondering how many boats will be out there for the "weekend" seasons they have opened in October...
    sigpic

I bet the ramp at Bridge Bait in Surfside will have at least an hour wait to launch.
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

lookin like 4-6s saturday.....we will probably try to get out friday since sat & sun are pretty much a washout already

Comment

4-6s. maybe thats why then opened it of for that period of time.
        NoBama

Comment

Nope-too rough!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

and only gonna get worse as the weekend goes on.

Hey jerry, if we can get good seas sometime over the next few weeks, my brother and I were wondering if yall would like to buddy with us. We can get together over some coors lights soon and figure something out.

Comment

COORS LIGHT-YES!! I hope so-got some issues coming up-weekend of 10/15 havta go see significant other's newest grandchild-Layla-which was born less than 2 weeks ago and also got to hit a wedding on 10/22 weekend (not mine thank goodness-been there), so looks like maybe the weekend of the 9th is maybe best date and sure hope weather cooperates-sounds great and certainly would like to and should not be a problem getting "Hall Pass" from sig other since blowin 2 weekends on her family stuff!! Woohoo. Maybe get JT or a couple of crazy attnys to go if my brothers wuss out-will start checking with my brothers this weekend and then buddies. It'd be nice not sweating out my beer since cooler temps!!

I bet Mark (neighbor) and Baby Tran Cat/Brad would go if seas are decent in Mark's 22' Pioneer also.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Stupid to make a weekend season. There's every chance it will be bad weather or too rough every weekend and no reason not to open it for the entire month.
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

If seas are ok we are going...we need to have radios out there as believe it or not the black fin tuna were being caught at the 20 mile mark this week...we just have to find 'em...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                    Stupid to make a weekend season. There's every chance it will be bad weather or too rough every weekend and no reason not to open it for the entire month.
                    LOL they need to make it a monday only snapper fishing !
                    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I wouldn't doubt it at all, some crazy stuff happens out there. RSN and I have a buddy who hooked a sail inside of 301A, so bft are a definite possibility, even if it is rare. either way, id love to say that i've caught a tuna within 40 miles of texas

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                      COORS LIGHT-YES!! I hope so-got some issues coming up-weekend of 10/15 havta go see significant other's newest grandchild-Layla-which was born less than 2 weeks ago and also got to hit a wedding on 10/22 weekend (not mine thank goodness-been there), so looks like maybe the weekend of the 9th is maybe best date and sure hope weather cooperates-sounds great and certainly would like to and should not be a problem getting "Hall Pass" from sig other since blowin 2 weekends on her family stuff!! Woohoo. Maybe get JT or a couple of crazy attnys to go if my brothers wuss out-will start checking with my brothers this weekend and then buddies. It'd be nice not sweating out my beer since cooler temps!!

I bet Mark (neighbor) and Baby Tran Cat/Brad would go if seas are decent in Mark's 22' Pioneer also.
                      sounds like a plan, sea's arent cooperating at all, so that was the weekend we were planning for already. hopefully we can get some 1-2s and cruise out at about 35kt.

Comment

Yessirree. Mark caught a sail at 272 area several years ago and a wahoo at about 12 miles out before. he's a catching machine. I've made only 2 trips out this year-1 with Mark and we wore ourselves out on kings, he had something on for a good 20 minutes that finally went into the platform-not sure what he had, but it dint act like any shark. 2nd trip wash a washing machine and did just OK-I caught a 10-12# snapper and we had a lotta kings.

Comment

You like that method we use of simply drifting/floating bait as opposed to trolling? Once we find the where they are in the water table it's hammer time...
                          sigpic

Comment

yep, drift, will troll if too hot or bouncy. My 2 trips we drifted and then tied up. Hope we all can make it the weekend of the 9th.

Comment

did any of you realize that they removed the stand pipe 8 miles from the pass? it's the pipe that you pass on the way to 301/303/350's. i realized that it was gone while deckhanding a charter this past weekend. I was kind of bummed out, that little rig was productive for us, caught some good ling there this summer and good slot reds there during the cold months

ps: check out p. 57 of the september issue of the islander magazine if y'all got it
                              Last edited by RSN; September 29, 2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X