The Beach Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beach Trailer

Well, it ain't exactly ready, but it's coming around. With the help of Brett(aka MarshJR) my little 5 X 8 is starting to take shape. Installed the racks and mounted the saddle to see how the yaks will ride and I believe it'll be good. Also added a cleaning table(lower front bottom on pic) and it folds down. All you see is the frame as it'll be a starboard/wood cutting board that will comeout for cleaning. Also have a ring(barely visible) on the front that will hold a propane bottle. Front we added a diamond plate and then expanded metal on the sides.
    6 rod holders spread out around the inside will hold 1.5" PVC and will be rod or light stand holders. Next up will be painting the whole thing and installing the tailgate which is just a basic two 2X6 construction with a special emblem that MarshJr made out of stainless for me.
    Hope to have an O2 system and grill added sometime in the future also. It should be a pretty functional trailer for a couple days on the beach when I'm through, but like anything it's a work in progress. Anyone got any ideas, I'll take them into consideration....please Robalo...and NO, a stage and pole are outta the question!
    Attached Files
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Looking good Monte. If my memory serves me right, someone still owes me a yak trip.
    A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

Looking good Monte.
      I'd like the idea of having a light weight T-Top type frame that
      supports a custon fit tarp to get out of the sun and rain from passing thunder storms.
      The tarp would be mounted using bungee cords through the grommets and hooked to the frame. Easy up and down.
      Shade tents are a pain in the azz to build on a windy beach but will save you're skin and keep you're beer cold longer as you wait for a screaming drag alarm.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I could use some mesh like that for my trailer, where did you get it?
        "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

You need to mount a spare tire on it somewhere.... and maybe a can crusher!

Comment

Originally posted by Funk Shoal Brutha View Post
            You need to mount a spare tire on it somewhere.... and maybe a can crusher!
            Spare tire will be a must, maybe two for PINS runs. A can crusher? That's what 007's head is for!

Bert...definitely a tarp off the side somehow. Only prob, when using the lights they would get in the way. I have a pop up type and since my truck bed camper will now be empty, I'd put it off the back of that. Work in progress here, it'll have to evolve as it goes.

Willie...whole reason I'm making this thing...just for you brother!

Also, was thinking H2o carrier maybe on front stand near propane, either gravity or pump to have washdown at table area. Any ideas here?
            Last edited by FlatoutFishin; October 2, 2010, 01:18 PM.
            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Keller View Post
              I could use some mesh like that for my trailer, where did you get it?
              Contact Brett(MarshJR) on 2cool. If thats a problem I have his number,but cant get to my phone right now.
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

If you want ideas I got em.
                Nothing Is better than fresh water down at PINS.
                A plastic drum no less than 30 gls. Mounted low using a electric pump.
                Now we can have showers and fresh h2o for gp.
                Since water is so heavy I don't think it be a good idea to mount it high for gravity feed.
                I'd make a pins trip with you. I wish we where still on the same shift.
                Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Can't wait tell she's done !
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

MarshJr is a member here as well
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      MarshJr is a member here as well
                      My bad...I forgot!

Bert...no showers on PINS! I can tell you're a navy man!LOL. Actually good idea...if my wife goes with me.
                      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Lookin' good Monte!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

cool!

Comment

Yup a PINS trip. You finish the trailer and I bring the pop-up camper.
                            Spend a whole long change down there...Just need some rock salt.

Comment

Nifty !!
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X