FLOUNDER need you help next weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLOUNDER need you help next weekend

All you FWE guys who have been considering fishing the Lutes Marine tourny and FLOUNDER round up, should come out next weekend!

Oct. 23rd we will have the TPWD truck collecting all the live flounder brought in.

This is a big deal, as I would like to see them release 10,000 baby flounder back into West Bay in 2011. BUT they need more fish !!!!!
    Anglers help tremendously by bringing in LIVE flounder for strip spawning. New things are learned every year on how to breed them, and to maximize the output.

This could be a epic year for flounder release if we get enough brood stock.

You don't have to enter the tournament to bring in flounder ....so come out and lend a helping hand.

FLYER attached
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

That is so cool Mud! I want to try and Fish net some while walking with my Gig and lantern!See if i can make it out,Keep up the good work congrats.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I want to help, but I'm curious...If I catch 5 flounder and donate them, does that count as my daily limit? I'm well aware I could catch 5, donate them, and go back to fishing without anyone being the wiser, but would I get in trouble for keeping 10? Say 5 on a stringer (to eat) and 5 in a cooler filled with water and an O2 source to be donate?

Comment

Sounds like trouble?
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd Coast Aggie View Post
          I want to help, but I'm curious...If I catch 5 flounder and donate them, does that count as my daily limit? I'm well aware I could catch 5, donate them, and go back to fishing without anyone being the wiser, but would I get in trouble for keeping 10? Say 5 on a stringer (to eat) and 5 in a cooler filled with water and an O2 source to be donate?
          ILLEGAL! Your exceeding the daily bag limit. Go out catch 5 flounder come back with them go back out etc. If its nice that day, that's all I'm going to be doing is posting up & catching flounder & making runs back & forth. I won't be entered in tournament just donating as many flounder as I can manage.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

The truck will be there Friday Night .... if you want to make the run i nthe dark to deliever fish i can be there .... just be sure to get my cell .....

And Coe is correct, you are allowed 5 so you canot posses more than 5 at one time.... but if you catch them and bring them in, I dought very seriously they will write you a ticket ..... and will will be able to track how many you turned in ..... on any other day you are only allowed 5 per day/ night, total
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Sorry, I won't be ready for this but I'd like to.
              I'd try to net them so they suffer no trauma and be able select witch ones to capture
              and not bother with harassing the smaller ones.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Anyone else plan on coming out and giving flounder a helping hand ?????
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                  Anyone else plan on coming out and giving flounder a helping hand ?????
                  I seen moosy yesterday he will be there he will be good for some flattys! I gotta work
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                    All you FWE guys who have been considering fishing the Lutes Marine tourny and FLOUNDER round up, should come out next weekend!

Oct. 23rd we will have the TPWD truck collecting all the live flounder brought in.

This is a big deal, as I would like to see them release 10,000 baby flounder back into West Bay in 2011. BUT they need more fish !!!!!
                    Anglers help tremendously by bringing in LIVE flounder for strip spawning. New things are learned every year on how to breed them, and to maximize the output.

This could be a epic year for flounder release if we get enough brood stock.

You don't have to enter the tournament to bring in flounder ....so come out and lend a helping hand.

FLYER attached
                    Just got through reading the PDF. I was under the impression they where wanting big breeders in good condition and I am sure the Sea Center folks would accept that but the flyer says "2 flounders with a combined minimum length" and they need to be alive witch makes me wonder why?

My last 2 weekends have produced flounder just over 23". I am pretty sure I could get out of the boat and net them. It doesn't matter because I don't think I can make this event but I am looking forward to it some day

Just curious, do you know what S.C. wants?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

not good

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      ILLEGAL! Your exceeding the daily bag limit. Go out catch 5 flounder come back with them go back out etc. If its nice that day, that's all I'm going to be doing is posting up & catching flounder & making runs back & forth. I won't be entered in tournament just donating as many flounder as I can manage.
                      I know you think you are doing something right to help but you will be breaking the law if you do this. It doesn't matter if you take it home or to a live trailer you are still only allowed to REMOVE 5 in one day! just my opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X