Friend & Mentor Dead at 79

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend & Mentor Dead at 79

The monumental steel sculptor I apprenticed with Robert K.(Bob)Fowler died in Wimberly earlier this week.
    I worked for him three years in the late 70's and he taught me a lot about art and more importantly the art business.
    You might be familiar with the steel gorilla and elephant at the Houston Zoo and the large welded steel steer, cougar, owl in the U of H student center.
    He was burned badly in a welding accident several years ago and never quite recovered. RIP Bob
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Sorry to hear about your friend Kenny prayers to his family
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Prayers to his family and you Kenny. Sorry to hear this.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Sorry for your loss.May he rest in peace
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Sorry for your loss....still to be thankful that you had a very good friend and mentor....some don't , but still a sad time for you , I know . God bless .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

It's nice to have someone that you had as a mentor but sad when they pass. Sorry for the loss.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sorry for the loss kenny.....

Comment

Its a shame to see such talent leave us. I'm sorry Kenny

Comment

Sorry bro!
                      Don't be a Nancy!
                      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Sorry for your loss, prayers sent for you & his family.

Comment

Sorry for the loss of such a talented friend of your's Kenny.
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Kenny. It is sad to lose friends.
                            Scott
                            "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mentor Kenny. Such a blessing to be her for 79 years though. I'm not familiar with his art, but it sounds like he left something tangible behind so that people will remember him. The intangibles though, they mean more don't they? He lives on in you and in others he helped along. God bless those that leavve something behind in others.
                              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                              X