468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ethanol LIE. Why have we let our govt. do this to us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x2.....

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
    Robalo for president!

Comment

Besides the fact that ethanol isn't even a sustainable resource! They should at least offer ethanol-free gas to marinas. I hear it wrecks the motors.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

It wrecks your gas lines, gas tank, fuel pump and cost me $3000 to replace all the gas lines and install a new gas tank on the Robalo.

Hmmmm, I wonder if I send Al Gore my bill for the repairs, will the jerkazz pay it-he should since his "green policies" made him more rich while burdening the "regulee folk" and bullchiting the gullible folk (meaning Californuts, welfare slugs and the NE)? I think I will try-maybe send to Hussein Commieazzjerksob Obama also and ask for a "bailout" due to phony baloney policy brought forth by Democraps. Geez, I wish Gummint would get the farge outta my life and just build roads, protect borders, supply absolutely necessary stuff and go the fark away. Too many GD Peggy Joseph's in this world-I hope she freezes her butt off and dies a painful death waiting for her "free gas" and "aint gotta pays for my mortgage no mo because Obama owes us". Makes me sick that "people" like her even exist-slugs, pour salt all over em.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

If youthink about it, how much fuel is used to seed the corn for the ethenol, irrigate it, spray pesticide on it, cultivate it, process it, transport it to the wholesale location then to the retail pumps? Is it really as green as they say it is.
          NoBama

Comment

You may dislike Al Gore for many things, but it was President George Bush who pushed the ethanol bill http://www.theecologist.org/News/new...addiction.html http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...012401869.html

Comment

Sorry Steve_A, Al pushed it like good ole Billy Mays did selling crap on TV. GW signed it and he shoulda vetoed the stupid bill.

As President of the Senate, Al Gore cast the deciding vote (1994) to develop and subsidize ethanol from corn. Like all Gore projects, ethanol from corn is absolutely the least efficient means.

Corn only yields a pathetic 300 gallons of ethanol per acre, while sugar beets typically yield 700 gallons of ethanol per acre. Sugar cane yields about 662 gallons of ethanol per acre. Switchgrass yields 1000 gallons of ethanol per acre in United States trials. Another biomass source trial (U. Illinois) finds Miscanthus producing up to 1500 gallons ethanol per acre.

The net energy gain in ethanol from corn (the energy which comes from the corn) is 21%, the rest of the energy in ethanol from corn comes from conventional sources. But this 21% neglects distribution and overhead costs; when these are considered, corn is a NET WASTE OF ENERGY when converted to ethanol. Which explains why Al Gore likes it. Switchgrass yields a net energy gain of 343%.

Don't BS a BSitter!!

I suggest you read the wall Street Journal Article printed on 11/27/2010 whereby Al himself says he done farged up. here's the link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...486416076.html

He, as well as 99.9999% of all Dummycrats, are nothing but DEMOGOGUES preying on the ignorant and worthless dregs of society that expect gummint to think, act and support you since you are to dang stupid to think for yourself, work for a living and expect everything for free "because I deserve it". BullCORN. get a job, work hard, vote the POS out of office like BHO, Reid, Pelousy, Sheila Jackson "Where be the cameras" Lee and the rest of the demogogues that prey on the stupid.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

The whole ethanol thing was due to two things. One was political - voters in the Mid-West and Ohio tend to swing national elections. Second, it is used as an additive in gasoline because MTBE has been outlawed in many places, based on its toxicity when it leaks into the ground.

Now we find out that ethanol doesn't even reduce global warming, a real slap at the enviros. Corn ethanol is probably the worst form of it, since corn is more valuable as a food product. A chemical engineer explained it as "like eating your grandma to save the family."

Comment

It's the Jet Stream ..Sandy, same thing happens to me when I travel overseas going there is 10 hours coming back 14 hours....

Comment

Swells-you are correct sir. Green Al pushed it not knowing diddly about it "for the benefit of Tenessee's corn farmers". politics-yessiree-Archer Daniels Midland makes mega bucks off the gummint subsidies they receive and now because ADM is sooo powerful, do not plan on those gummint subsidies to go away regardless of how stupid they are and that ADM is rolling in cash. Small farmers benefit about as much as you and me from it-almost zero, since most family farms are history and huge corporations own most farms nowadays.

Comment

Yep, you and I are paying 45 cents a gallon for folks to make corn ethanol and then make a profit off selling it. Think about that, 45 cents, YOUR taxpayer money.

For all this, the price of corn went sky high, causing a pain for cattle feedlots, poultry growers, hog farmers, you name it.

The farmers do make some money on it, but large companies like ADM and Cargill run he show, requiring use of certain corn types such as GMO Monsanto products, high fertilizer rates, and so forth. The farmer gets paid by the ton and doesn't see any of that 45 cents!

Comment

Plus it is uphill coming back to Texas from New Orleans.
                        Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                        and
                        Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Plus it is uphill coming back to Texas from New Orleans.
                          LOL! But wouldn't that make me burn MORE gas on the way back? Same with the jet stream Sneeky.
                          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

save the corn make more sour mash

Comment

LMAO! Good one Bill.......

Originally posted by TRP150 View Post
                              save the corn make more sour mash

Comment

Stop worrying about all of this.

Our Leader and Messiah will fix it all.

All Hail to our King!

Comment

Working...