Any Runners????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Runners????

Galveston Mardi Gras Marathon and Half Marathon coming up Feb 20th...I'll be running SLOWLY (10 minute miles) and wondered if any other FWE'rs would like to run it with me...maybe we all wear FWE Gear?????

Should be a good time...
    sigpic

Internet forum browsing fisherman and cardiovascular exercise isn't the most common combination. You might be alone out there.

Comment

If you see me running HELP!!!!!

Comment

x2

Originally posted by TRP150 View Post
        If you see me running HELP!!!!!

Comment

I run !! .....to the dining table .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I make Beer Runs to the store-does that count? (of course via the truck-too far to walk).
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Big dogs and Fire -- only 2 reasons I run!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                I make Beer Runs to the store-does that count? (of course via the truck-too far to walk).
                If your beer runs are with the Hash House Harriers, yes, that counts. HHH is a drinking club with a running problem. It's where I met the missus.

If FWE'ers can show up along the route to cheer and have some beer waiting at the end, yes I'd consider accompanying BTC at his rate. Hopefully a few more members, can participate and represent FWE as well.

BTC, have you heard of the HHH before?
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Hash House-aint that the same as "Coffee Houses" in Amsterdam?
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                    Hash House-aint that the same as "Coffee Houses" in Amsterdam?
                    No, but if you follow that up with window shopping in Amsterdam, who cares what it's called.

Here's a link to what I meant.
                    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

BTC, have you heard of the HHH before? [/QUOTE]

YUP...sure have...they represent well evry year in the Houston Marathon and I know that I have seen other groups in other races around the country. They have their own AID station where they serve beer and sometimes glazed doughnuts to runners
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post

YUP...sure have...they represent well evry year in the Houston Marathon and I know that I have seen other groups in other races around the country. They have their own AID station where they serve beer and sometimes glazed doughnuts to runners
                        I've missed out on their mile (23-I think) through the years. I've worked a waterstop at mile 18, as a race official for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
                          I've missed out on their mile (23-I think) through the years. I've worked a waterstop at mile 18, as a race official for many years.
                          YOu working mile 18 this year? If so I'll look for you...shout out to the WEA
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
                            YOu working mile 18 this year? If so I'll look for you...shout out to the WEA
                            Can't work it for the first year in a long while. It's a week later this year and the wife has a standing commitment that weekend. I won't have to get up at 4 am on a Sunday to guard the Gatorade cases.

Comment

I use to run, but I quit when I realized that there wasn't anyne chasing me...Vic

Comment

Working...
                              X