No announcement yet.

A buncha pics from the last few weeks at Blockade Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat Albert is my Katrina cat. When he adopted me, he was a stray that weighed 25lbs! (He only weighs 18 now, but he's much softer, kind of like me.) He was the KING of the block and father of MANY. I got him fixed, and had blood work done along with all his shots. The vet called with the bad news that he had FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus), what they call feline AIDS. The vet recommended I have him destroyed, but Alnbert was just too good of a guy to do that to him. The vet told me he'd never last even 5 years. I vowed to make it the best 5 years a cat ever had. He has had a couple of episodes that made me dig deep holes in the back yard, but he's fought back. He's been with me now for 5 years and one month. It may seem very odd that I bring a cat to a fishing camp. I do it mostly because he has to get medicine every 12 hours. But I also do it because he likes it there. He's not long for this world, so I keep him around as much as I can. I had my previous cat for 18 years and my previous dog for 16 years. I'm trying to cram as much companionship into the time I have with him as I can.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
      Fat Albert is my Katrina cat. When he adopted me, he was a stray that weighed 25lbs! (He only weighs 18 now, but he's much softer, kind of like me.) He was the KING of the block and father of MANY. I got him fixed, and had blood work done along with all his shots. The vet called with the bad news that he had FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus), what they call feline AIDS. The vet recommended I have him destroyed, but Alnbert was just too good of a guy to do that to him. The vet told me he'd never last even 5 years. I vowed to make it the best 5 years a cat ever had. He has had a couple of episodes that made me dig deep holes in the back yard, but he's fought back. He's been with me now for 5 years and one month. It may seem very odd that I bring a cat to a fishing camp. I do it mostly because he has to get medicine every 12 hours. But I also do it because he likes it there. He's not long for this world, so I keep him around as much as I can. I had my previous cat for 18 years and my previous dog for 16 years. I'm trying to cram as much companionship into the time I have with him as I can.
      I just read this to the wife, she is quite the cat lady, and she said "awwwww, i like him and havent even met him." I agree sandy, that is pretty kickass. We have 2 cats (use to be 4 untill 2 tried to cross the freeway) that also adopted us. Funny thing is that i have to catch and run a new one off everyother month. I think i live in some sort of stray cat crossing.
      "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Back Pain

"Wish you coulda made it too Pat. How's your back doing? "

I'm doing better, Thanks. I have been watching what I do the last two weeks. It's killing me to get back on the water! We will be spending some time at our camp at Sargent this week end. Fishing is also in the plans... Sandy your camp is looking good. Tell Vic and Tony hello for me. I'll see yall soon!

Comment

the place looks good.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

That is very admirable, and good for the both of you! He looks like he has a hell of a time, and eats pretty good at the fish camp. Sorry to be nosy, I was just curious and enjoy the stories and updates.

Chris

Comment

Not nosey at all. That's what a forum is for. I'm sure there are a lot of people that wonder what the heck I'm doing with a cat on the boat. LOL.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

good dad!! lucky cat WTG Sandy
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

It's coming along !!
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                  X