I had one of those day's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had one of those day's

that you hear about other people having.My son and i got to the boat ramp with the tide way down.We were waiting for PasedenaMan and crew.I start to get the boat loaded up with gear and struck up a conversation with a nice fellow from Texas City named Lynn goes by tricky on his plates.I think he metioned he was a FWEnder but forgot his password..anyway's he was just down there checking out his new humungus Garmin with all the bells and whistle's.During the talk found out wife got the jewel from a site member Breakwater and he said they have been helpful.....He was testing his transducer(mounting it at different spots and so.I get in a hurry..imagine and start to put the boat in the water and saftee chain is off but winch is on and locked in place or so i thought....the other side of the ramp becomes open and it's the best side to launch on low tide so dumbassss me i try to pull up and move over and the wich gave lose and the boat slides off trailer and bends the he77 out of the skeg.What a cluster,soup samwich i have created.What a blessing it was to have help there to get the boat proped up with wood and jack i got last month.I wanna thank Lynn and the 5 or six guys that helped me out.It reely show's FISHERMAN ROCK. I get the ShoalMonster in the water and she gives me a little trouble starting and now she won't hit plane just right as well as go as fast as normal(what's next...lol).I puter around and PasedenaMan and crew shows up and we are off to go fishin.I hit a spot that hold fish and i can't count the number of rat's my son catches on shrimp and arties with a curado 200e7.He just started baiting his own and throwing out himself but i have to still handle the fish.He made alot of progess on this trip he know deals with all his own birdsnest.About the time PasedenaMan and crew leave(Nice to meet you Josh) guess who shows up and shut trail with a rooster tail of mud.....the one and only 007.....I had went out of the boat for two reasons to retreave a bucket and a nature call.. I get stuck over knee deep on the way back my son and Mike are rolling.I hope thoses pic's don't hit any sites...lol
    Mike and i believe pokey carry on to fish another place and we fish there for another hour or so and the boat won't start.So you know who the boat rescue extraordinare was quickly dail and yes he was right around the cornere in the diversionaryThanks Mike and like you said i will pass it on and the funny thing this morning i did just that.....Thanks buddy....I promise that i will never post such a long windyed thread again.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

If we had any plans for tomorrow chris they have just been officially and immediately canceled. I need to keep all the positive karma for next weekend I can. Sorry buddy. At least your still not out there. Yeah for the Westend bunch!!!
    I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

I told ya to pay it forward.....just glad you and "little man" made it back to safe harbor.

...edit.... it was "BOKEY" here on FWE
      Last edited by 007; December 4, 2010, 08:22 PM.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Holy crap man!! You did have a bad day! Glad everything turned out ok. I just got home from a long crappy company Christmas party. you find the reds in the same spot?
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          Holy crap man!! You did have a bad day! Glad everything turned out ok. I just got home from a long crappy company Christmas party. you find the reds in the same spot?
          We found the nursery today you know were i have been catching those nice trout at that's were they wuz.Aaron has alot out there today throwin the 200e7.

Comment

they were all dinks

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad day. How did Josh's boat do,he have any problems. He is suppose to go out with a buddy of mine in the morning to fish,but he has not called him yet.Glad to see people helped you out when you needed it.
              Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
                Sorry to hear about your bad day. How did Josh's boat do,he have any problems. He is suppose to go out with a buddy of mine in the morning to fish,but he has not called him yet.Glad to see people helped you out when you needed it.

Josh did all right there.I thought he had a few moment's but his motor started.lol.He called me about 5oclock from Sylvan and said he thinks he's found out the problem and fixed it for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                  Did you get you're something something extra?

Comment

I towed you 6 miles and still have over 1/4 tank left and ran 58 miles.

Comment

Glad you had someone to help you. I've only had motor trouble once. When I was about 20 years old. ( Long time ago ) I borrowed my Dad's 14' Johnboat and went to Christmas Bay at night to go gigging. I launched on the south shoreline and when I was almost to the north shoreline, the motor rpm shot up and I found myself without a prop.
                      Good thing I had a paddle. It was pitch back and in those days no one had cell phones. It took over two hours to paddle back, putting out the anchor each time I needed to rest.
                      I think I feel my back hurting again. LOL.

Comment

That was six miles! WOW..I'm gonna get the carb looked at right now the battery is on float charge and the trolling motor batteries are stilll showinf full charge.Sounds like you are getting alot better gas mileage since you had all the work done.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                          Did you get you're something something extra?
                          yea it was disappointing though.
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                            That was six miles! WOW..I'm gonna get the carb looked at right now the battery is on float charge and the trolling motor batteries are stilll showinf full charge.Sounds like you are getting alot better gas mileage since you had all the work done.
                            I've got 3.8-4 mpg in my last 3 trips.

Comment

dang, now that is a tough day! All's well that ends well I guess.
                              Scott
                              "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                              X