A Dream Re-Born: Thank you FWE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dream Re-Born: Thank you FWE!

When I moved to Texas in 2000, I did so because I didn't have anything back home to keep me there. I had lost the most precious thing in my life a few years before when my fishing camp blew away in '97. What a strange odyssey it's been re-capturing that magic. In 2007 I was blessed to once again have a place on the water to call my own. Then Ike came, and I was saddled not just with a monumental task of rebuilding the new camp, but also with destroying an old place and hauling it away. The last 2 years and 3 months have been tough. Most painful was the loss of my camp partner, Glenn. Y'all have seen me here each week, asking for a lot of help, and offering a little fun, food, and brew in return. I have been humbled by your efforts and contributions and I've made some wonderful friends. My cup often runneth over with all that the members here have done for me to re-realize my dream.

As I walked around the camp this past Sunday, taking note of this little thing and that left to be done, it really hit me. Though we have some small things to do, the camp is really complete. Come Spring time, I'd like to have a grand re-dedication of Blockade Runners. By then all the little things will have been done. But as for now, I am calling our victory complete. It's been a long road. I could ramble on for pages here, but I'll save y'all the grief.

To all whom made this dream possible, playing even the smallest part: THANK YOU! Without the people of FWE, this never could have happened.

Pic 1: My old camp in La. 1997
    Pic 2. My old camp in La. 2009
    Pic 3. Blockade Runners Pre-Ike
    Pic 4. Blockade Runners Post-Ike
    Pic 5 Blockade Runners last weekend.
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

The Generator Shed complete

Here are some pics from this past weekend. VJER, Tony, Flandy, Boudreaux, Fontanot, and TMO all came out and played a part. I'm glad everyone could catch some fish and have some fun.

1. Fontanot (Cory) and Flandy.
    2. Tony, VJER, and Boudreaux workin' on the shed.
    3 and 4. Tony and VJER take off in Tres' boat.
    5. TMO gets held up by a local ruffian.
    6 and 7. The new generator/water storage shed.
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Congrats to you and all those who helped out!
      sigpic

Comment

Kudos to everyone who put their time and effort into helping out!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice job to all that helped out.Cool pics,before after and now.
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Way cool!

Comment

Sandy the place is looking great. Sorry I have not been out to help in a few weeks hoping to change that soon. Thanks for letting me and the family be a part of Blockade Runner's. Bill

Comment

Pretty amazing to look at. Ya'll did good.

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Cool post Coach. Glad you are able to live it!

Comment

Blessed!
                      "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

You are a extremely lucky man to had fallen into Glen's good graces that have lead you to this situation.
                        I think more than just I are a little envious.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Looks good Sandy!!
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Looks great!! Thanks for letting us all be a part of it!!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

SH_t Hot! Wishing great memories to you and the cat, and all your friends and family! What an accomplishmest. You should be proud!
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X