Giant Yellowfin Tuna!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Yellowfin Tuna!

Over 400# in Mexican waters South of San Diego.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Crazy huge

Comment

big sushi
      sigpic

Comment

Yum!

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
        big sushi

Comment

Nice!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

wow!!!
            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

405 and change

I saw the pic from Bloody decks a big tuna forum I check occasionally, before the actual weight was known ..... fish was not eaten, but frozen whole for the taxidermist .... 2 maybe 3 replicas will be made ....
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

mmmmmmm sushi!

Comment

How much would a tuna that size sell for?

Comment

I watched a video on Discovery channel where they were talking about a single tuna going for between 100k and 200k per fish depending on size, lack of shark scars on the skin and type.

It was very interesting to watch. Plan scouts, radios the pod to a fast vessel that feeds them till the bigger corralling ships get there, they then drop a net and create a full circle around the pod until there is just enough room for the feeder boat to slip out. They close the net which closes at the bottom too and then transfer the fish into a holding area which is just a huge round net pulled by a ship at 2-3 knots. They have to continually dive in and check the fish, get sharks out BY HAND!!!! It was wild to see.
                    Last edited by Race1Mopar; December 8, 2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

The big money coems from Blue Fin tuna, the rarest tuna. The meat is very popular in Japan.

the biggest trick to getting that amount for a tuna is care for it once it's caught

They cut the head and the tail and pack with ice..... but there is a trick to it....
                      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Very Sought after. I've heard stories of Japanese fish supply companies sending out Helicopters to pic the fish up fresh and take it to market.

Comment

Working...
                        X