catch 2000 won't sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catch 2000 won't sink

well, finally figured out that the reason they won't sink is that the replacement hooks I used are not heavy enough. VMC cone cuts. Anybody know which hooks to use on these baits?
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Catch2000 don't sink very much at all. You can go with the heavier hooks or add some lead suspending dots to them. It all depends on how far/fast you want them to sink.

Comment

the salinity has alot to do with it too I have found out... it seems like the older ones sank faster to me
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

VMC 4x will make them sink faster but max be too much
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

throw chip on top of one i bet it will sink
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

I always replace with VMC cone cuts. I can't recall having any problems with the lure not sinking. They do sink super sloooow, there were times last winter I couldn't throw it because of the strong tide.

Comment

They will crank down some, they don't work anyway. All the real fishermen are using "Long A's".
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I used mine today with the VMC 4xs and the big girls seemed to like em!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

yep, at first I thought it was salinity but I tested a new one and old one in a bucket. The new one sank slowly and the old one with #4 cone cuts stayed at the surface.

I will try those 4x Chip. Thanks
                  Scott
                  "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Well, I tested some different hooks on my 2000s with the help of my 6 year old little girl. She had a ball testing them in a bucket and seeing who won "the race". Closest thing to original sink rates were achieved with #2 lazer sharps, 3x.
                    Scott

Comment

Bring that catch 2000 topwater to the big trout tourney on saturday... It will do just fine, all your doing is donating to the cause anyway... LOL Coe get the check made out the team tran LOL over & out...
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Albert has got his work cut out for him this year. Poor guy had to pull Hoagie up from the minors! LMAO!
                        Scott

Comment

thats why I love this site....Kenny what the heck is a long A ??

I want to be a real fisherman...lol

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                          They will crank down some, they don't work anyway. All the real fishermen are using "Long A's".

Comment

Working...
                          X