Blockade Runners Invite Dec. 10th and 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Invite Dec. 10th and 11th

Looks like a less than stellar weekend as far as the weather goes. Sunday looks BAD for wind. TMO, fishbobr, and maybe one other fellow are coming out on Friday. I'll head down Friday evening as well and stay out through sunset on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get out before the 30mph winds hit. We'll see what the weather does and go from there. Friday night we'll have 4 beds open. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

wish I could join yall this weekend sandy, but I'm going to need to stay home. My dog had some nerve damage to one of his back legs so I need to stay to give him his meds and take him out.

Comment

ish you were gonna be out there during the week next week. ive got a friend in town and were gonna be chasing them ducks pretty hard and figured a stop by the ole blockade would be good.

Comment

Got school during the week bro.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

ya i didnt know if you were on break or not yet. i know in years past you stay out there alot when you are on break.

Comment

Christmas break is a bit different. I get off for that after next week, but it's big family time, so I won't be out in the bayou much.

Comment

well ill give you a shout on saturday and see whats up. if you decide to stay through sunday we may come out and hang saturday through sun am.

Comment

Well, the forecast sure has improved, but the Sunday wind still looks pretty bitter. Kylie, if y'all are in to stay through Sun AM, I'll do it.

So it's set. TMO and company with me on Friday/Sat and Kylie and his crew with me on Sat/Sun.

Comment

Trout are hitting the decks now. No activity under the lights until after midnight, but it seems ON now. Looks like I will be out here through noonish on Sunday as Kylie and his buddies are coming out tomorrow. Kylie, if you read this, bring charcoal! We're almost out.

Comment

Well, no pics due to me leaving the card out of my camera. It was a good trip, but a windy one. On Saturday, TMO and crew cleared a bunch of stuff out of the cave and we started outfitting the generator shed. After they left on Saturday, Kylie and his buddy showed up rearing to hunt the next morning. I had them help me out with driving a couple of pilings to further strengthen the dock. With that done, I took them on a cruise to scout out some ducky looking locations. We had a great supper, spearheaded by Kylie's bacon wrapped jalapeno duck breasts, followed by a big pot of hot edamime and some grilled snausages. After supper, we watched TV and bullsharted, with both boys talking all about hunting the next AM. They hit the sack and I crashed unexpectedly soon after.

I woke up just before sunrise and announced that they should be out after ducks. They were cacooned up in sleeping bags. I went back to sleep too. I finally rolled out of bed around 9ish to find these 2 die hard duck hunters were STILL cacooned in their sleeping bags. LOL! They just weren't mad enough at 'em I guess. I saw the water was getting blown out, and I reckoned we should probably skin out of there soon. I didn't want to roust these die hard duck hunters from their slumber, so I reckoned there was one way to get them to wake themselves up. I threw a slab of bacon in a pan and that did the trick. Of course I had to give them a big time about their being die hard duck hunters who just forgot to hunt. LOL! Had a good time with y'all Kylie. Thanks for all the help in getting out of there quickly this morning.

I'll head back out there this coming weekend before I head to New Orleans and the Bahamas. Mom and Dad ponied up to take the whole family on a cruise for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                      I'll head back out there this coming weekend before I head to New Orleans and the Bahamas. Mom and Dad ponied up to take the whole family on a cruise for Christmas.

Sandy, need someone to carry your luggage while on the cruise. LOL Maybe I'll see you at the camp next weekend.
                      A Little deeper in debt.

Comment

While you'd make a fine luggage boy Willie, I don't think I can get you a ticket. Hope to see you next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                        X